Chapter Thirteen: Me and Myself

(A/n): Sorry for the lack of chapters, been getting sick a lot recently.

Also, thank you for 3k reads.

Another note, this takes place at the same time as the last chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Mei walked back to her room, she reflected on the last few days of her life. 

'Things were hectic, and I expected that we had much to do. I wasn't expecting this future version of me to just...fix everything.'

Stopping outside her room, she felt that her mind had not cleared at all, but was more chaotic with the appearance of her future self.

'To me honest, I am kind of afraid of her.'

Pushing into her room, she jumped as her eyes landed on her bed. There, her future self sat.

"I've been waiting for you, you know?" Raiden said to Mei.

Mustering up the courage to speak, Mei asked, "What are you doing in my room?"

"Well you obviously have some questions for me, don't you? What better time to ask them right now while we have this peace and privacy?"

Patting the bed next to her, the older woman beckoned her younger self to sit, to which they obliged, though hesitantly. 

A few moments of silence passed as Mei organized her jumbled thoughts.

"Well? Ask away then." Raiden urged her younger self.

'Ok, calm down, one step at a time' Mei thought to herself as she asked her first question:

"What happened to make you...well...you?"

'That was terrible delivery' Raiden mused to herself, 'Though I can see myself talking like this when I was younger and more unsure of myself'.

"A lot happened. The issue of the honkai were bigger than we thought originally, I joined an evil organization-"

Her younger counterpart's eyebrows went up at this

"-I talked to a bunch of dead people to obtain more power, then we went to the moon and killed Kiana's ancestor..."

Raiden suddenly stopped as she realized how uncomfortable all this probably sounded to her past self.

"Well it wasn't that bad." she decided to just roughly round off the answer.

'I have so many more questions now' Mei thought to herself.

"Could you maybe explain from the beginning again, and slower with more details please?" Mei asked again.

"Hmm...I guess so. Well get ready because it's a tad bit long." Raiden replied, scratching her horns in contemplation. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/n): Skipping this since I am lazy and I can't fit the entire HI3 Mei wiki page into this document 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was a lot to take in" Mei said after hearing the full picture.

"Yeah" her older self concurred with her statement.

After a moment of contemplation, Mei decided to speak up again.