1; The Funeral

10/18/22

Dear Alden
We said goodbye to you yesterday, you were buried next to grandma just like you asked. Dad had tears running down his face. I don't think I've ever seen him cry so much. Jenny was there. I talked to her and she told me she wished she could've held you one more time. I think she cried the most. Teddy was there. I didn't talk to him. I couldn't bring myself to we made eye contact though and he looked at me sadly I started crying more. I talked to Kenna and she said she hadn't even noticed you were struggling. She looked too hurt and conflicted to cry. I saw Fig there though he just leaned against a tree and didn't talk to anyone. I hear he hasn't taken it well. At school they gave you a memorial on the wall next to Marc. Mr. Donavan from the bakery was there. He said you would never be forgotten and that you will always be watching me from wherever you are.

mom has been in and out a lot more recently I think that due to you death she thinks she needs to be around more I hate how everyone treats me like im gonna break any second like im a broken toy that needs fixing I mean of course it hurts its always gonna hurt but im not some kid that needs protecting im 17 for gods sake

I cried for almost three hours yesterday. Can you believe that? I don't think I have any tears left to cry, though I want to. Yesterday was the first time I think I had seen dad sober, since we got the call he has been drinking a lot and staying out till late into the night. I need you. I know it's selfish but why couldn't you have stuck around a little longer.

Your loving three minute younger sister
Ally Bear💜