4; Des's house

I walk into Des's house and immediately smell the delicious scent of banana bread. I take a few steps into the house and hear the soft footsteps of Emmy, Des's little sister, coming down the stairs when she sees me she screams loudly and runs to my legs.

"Ay Emmy let go of her legs we need to go do homework so go hang out with mom alright," I giggled as he was hunched over to be at her height. Emmy huffed but walked to her mother anyways. Des grabbed my hand and dragged me up to his room it was different from last time I saw it though that would've been before I went home for summer break so it would make sense that it was so different. His walls went from white to dark blue and he had LEDs strung around his ceiling I was happy to see he still had the wall of Polaroids of the team that I made him put up before I left.

"What color do you want the lights to be?" He asked grabbing the remote to change the green lights.
"Um I don't know white," I said hesitantly I watched as he changed the lights to white. I laid down on the bed next to him as he sat up towering over me like usual
"So do you actually have homework because I'm not planning to do any so yeah wanna just talk," I giggled and nodded my head as we talked about random things.
"Sooo do you have a crush on anyone," I asked giggling and smiling brightly I could see him freeze up but then he returned back to normal.
"Nope do you," he asked looking weirdly nervous. I shook my head no as he continued talking, "I do know Becks crush though," he said excitedly.
I shot up in my spot so I could face him, "spill" I said eagerly.
"You know Faye Williams from elementary she had a twin sister named Jayla yeah he has a crush on her," he said
"Interesting I figured he liked one of them but just didn't know which one," I said laying back down.
He fiddled with his fingers twisting his ring, "do you know what college you want to go to because I have,"
"No where do you want to go," I asked the thought of going to college low key terrifies me but I wasn't going to admit that to him.
"Well and I know it's far but I'm thinking either Alberta or Calgary," he looked at me to see my reaction I was stunned I mean he was brilliant and word on the street is that he might graduate a year early so of course he was thinking of college but why did he have to pick colleges that are like 7 and 8 hours from us, he started to look panicked I hadn't said anything I couldn't, "Addy please say something I know it's not ideal and I know we might not see each other all the time but we will still see each other it will be like summer break," I could hear him continue to talk but I couldn't make out what he was saying my heart was beating fast and breathing was unsteady my eyes were clouded by tears.

"I have to go to the bathroom," I said suddenly walking fast to the door I locked the door and slid down to the floor I held my knees as I cried I was trembling I started hyperventilating and then out of nowhere I threw up. I was always afraid of growing up of leaving my friends behind to go to college, which meant that college was always a topic I tried to stay away from but here I am.
I heard a knock on the door followed by Des's voice asking if I was alright I took a deep breath whipped my mouth and stood up, "yeah I'm fine I'll be out in a second," I said shakily. He didn't move for a few seconds but then I heard him shuffle away from the door and jump back onto his bed.

I washed my hands wiped the tears from my eyes and tried to steady my still shaky hands. I walked back out into the room he was laying down next to where I was earlier I laid back down with my head against his pillow and my back turned to him, "I'm going to bed night," I said putting my phone on the charger.

"Night," he said grabbing a blanket and throwing it over me. A few minutes later I felt him reach across me putting his phone on his desk next to mine. He threw a blanket over himself and went to sleep as well.

Authors note
Sorry if this feels a bit rushed also srry for al my authors notes but yeah anyway can any of you guys guess where in Canada they live I already gave you a hint it's 8 hours from Alberta and 7 from Calgary anyway I have a lot of school work and other things to do so srry if my upload schedule is weird but I'm trying not to fail all of my classes. Thx bye💛🖤