2; first day back

"hey Adaline wanna compare classes," one of my childhood best friends Beck asked me as I put my bag into my locker.

"yeah sure," I said swapping schedules with him.

"it looks like we have chem, algebra, and french two together," he said smilling excitedly.

"yay have you seen Vera or Amy," I asked nurvously looking around Vera has been my best friend since birth our parents were close so she knows my whole family well. Amy and me arent that close but Vera and her are dating so she is always around i wouldnt consider her my best friend but she is deffinatly a good friend.

"oh Amy has the flu and cant come and well I havent spoken to Vera since the funeral she seemed really distraught." he said quietly. Vera and Alden dated like two years ago and they were close and really cute together but they decided that they didnt love eachother romanticly more like sibling love so they broke up but stayed really close almost best friends if you would ask them.

"oh well we dont have first hour together so see you later," I said waving bye to him and walking to my class.

I walked into first hour to see Aaron and Des sitting next to eachother. I crossed the room and said hi to them.

"oh hey Addy do you know when cheer tryouts are" Des asked pulling the seat in the middle of him and Aaron for me to sit. Des is the only one aloud to call me Addy as I am the only one aloud to call him by his real name though I never do. His real name is Lincoln but during our elementary schools 4th grade cheer camp someone called him des on accident and it just stuck.

"towmorrow but we have open gym tonight if you want to come i mean you might get brownie points," he laughed as Aaron sits quietly next to him. I never really knew Aaron and I never care to hes strange and I swear everytime I see him its like he has a problem with me. but this time he looks at me like everyone else has with pity like hes sorry for me I hate it.

I'm the cheer captain, well co-captain as i share the position with Vera, and as cheer captain everyone knows you plus having your twin brother be the varsity quarter back makes you so well know meaning everyone knows about Alden and everyones talking about Alden and me and theyre not doing a good job of hidding it.

"Hello class my name is Professor Decker nice to meet you all I will be your English teacher this year," he looked around the room and his eyes saddened when they landed on me. Although me and Alden where twins he was brilliant so he was always a year ahead of me in every subject meaning most of my teachers probably had him last year and knew him well and liked him.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Des, "I swear to god if I see one more person look at me like that I will strangle them on spot," I whispered so only he could hear he laughed and turned to face me.

He smiled evilly before whispering back, "I quite like the idea of everyone pitying me you could just pretend your hurting so bad and it's so hard to do your homework and then just like that you don't have to worry about eligibility," I scoffed and turned in my seat smiling until the teacher stopped talking.

"We have about twenty minutes so the first assignment of the year will be a two person project about whatever you might like you will number yourself off and then person one will write the first paragraph and then person two and you will go back and forth like that til you have a crazy story." He said passing out papers.

"So back to what I was saying before I was rather rudely interrupted," I rolled my eyes and laughed as he stared down the teacher.

"So partners yeah?" I asked Des hopefully.

"Duh bro Aaron is the most boring partner ever," he said whispering in my ear, "but your funny and quite cute," he pulled away from my ear and grabbed the papers from the teacher as I was furiously trying to hide the blush that appeared.

When professor Decker got to our table with the papers he looked at me for a split second and I could tell he was trying to decide if he should talk to me or not, "I taught your brother he was one of my favorite students I am so sorry." I couldn't look up at him I just nodded my head as he walked passed.

Without missing a beat Des grabbed my hand and turned to me, "you want to be partner A, and I'll be B," he said dropping my hand. As much as I hate to say it I kinda wish he had left his hand on mine.

I perked up so not to let him see how hurt I was, "yeah sure." I grabbed the paper from him and started writing my paragraph was about a girl named Farrah and her pet rabbit, named snowball, who goes missing. I finished my paragraph and handed the paper to Des who giggled evilly.

"Farrah's a really cool name by the way," Des said not looking up. I smiled and fiddled with the hem of my pink adidas cropped top.

"Oh hey where's your schedule?" I asked wanting to compare schedules, he put down his pencil and grabbed his schedule returning to his writing. I looked at the schedule and saw we had all but two classes together.

"Des we have all but two classes together," I said beaming. His head shot up and he mirrored the smile spread across my face.

At the end our story was really crazy thanks to Des. So snowball got abducted by aliens and then Farrah fell off a cliff looking for snowball and somehow ended up with the aliens she then fell in love with an alien. When the professor read ours he giggled and looked between us weirdly but the bell rang so I didn't have time to ask him what was so funny.

Authors note
Srry I know this one is slightly longer than any other chapters or updates or whatever I just couldn't stop writing anyway I hope you liked this chapter cuz I absolutely loved writing it so yeah. I'm so sorry I keep changing and editing the chapters anyway I forgot to mention that her mom and dad live in Chicago but her and Alden during the school year would go down to their aunts house in Canada and go to school there and they would leave for Christmas break back to Chicago but that's the only time they ever go back to Chicago. Thx bye 💛🖤