| 10 |

CHAPTER 10

Maeve couldn't believe how difficult it was to find a Slytherin quidditch uniform that would fit her. Most of them were either too large or too putrid to even wear. She was even more disbelieved at the thought that there were no women Slytherin quidditch players in history. The boastfulness of these horrid men of keeping all the fun to themselves.

She held another uniform in her hands. The smell made her retract and the four arm holes made it clear it was not for use. She sighed. Maybe she could just wear her usual jumper, but that would raise more questions of her eligibility being out in the field. Rosier was beside her, elbows deep in his own search for a suitable uniform for Maeve. He was already in his own long sleeved and knee length green robe that moulded into his body well. His broom tucked into the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry Maeve, but I think none of these are passable. They're too big for you." 

"I know." She finally gave up and rested her forehead against the wooden cabinet of the changing room. The other tryout members were already out there, doing warm-ups before the Slytherin team arrives. Everyone except for Malfoy. He has yet to show his ugly face. Not that she was looking for him, Merlin forbid.

"You know what..." Rosier reached into the hem of his uniform and tugged it over his head, the fabric of his sweater underneath creeping up exposing his skin. He was trying out for the Chaser position against Nott and Lincom. She would like to say he played well, but in honesty she hasn't paid any attention to him. She was always too busy fighting a certain Seeker position rival and saving herself from being pushed off her broom every single time.

Rosier looped the hole of the uniform over her head and collected her arms into position. The uniform was more like a dress, reaching down to her toes. One step forward and Maeve would trip and kiss the floor.

Rosier chuckled at her pout, tugging strands of loose hair behind her ear. "You look adorable."

Despite her reddening cheeks she managed to reply, "I don't need adorable, I need fierce and charismatic to win over the stupid boys. No offence to you."

"None taken." Again with a smile. Damn, she needed to focus.

He reached deep into the cabinets and produced a pair of rusted steel scissors. "This might be useful." Rosier leaned in and crouched down, his head now only inches away from the stomach. He slowly slipped away the bottom of the uniform. He neatly created straight cutting lines around her and now the uniform was only as short as her thigh. He stood and stared down at her, closer than before. She looked up at him and her eyes scramble to look at anywhere else but they end up zoning on his dimples. Those stupid dimples.

She cleared her throat, "That fixes it. Thank you."

His warmth left as he took a step back, still grinning, "Are you nervous?"

"No... " Maeve chewed on her lip, "alright maybe a little."

"I would be if I were you, you are about to make history. The first ever girl to play on the Slytherin team."

"If I get in."

"I doubt you wouldn't."

Still sensing the deep anxiety swirling in her head, Rosier placed both hands on her shoulders. It would be idiotic of her to miss an opportunity to look at his face.

"You'll do great. No one has more passion in quidditch than you and they would be a buffoon to not see it. Pucey would never pass up the best Seeker of the century. Besides, you're a Whitlock. Quidditch Royalty."

Eli will be there. He's part of the jury that would determine her faith. Her mentor. Her brother.

He does not act like one now. Ever since that damn meeting.