~Nearly drowning in memories~

4 weeks had passed, and Fuli hadn't seen many other people.
She had only seen Kion and Bunga who seemed to be finding her everywhere.

"Hey Fuli!" Kion yelled, pouncing on Fuli.

By now Fuli had gotten used to Kion pouncing her, but being a cheetah against an older lion, she never was able to shake him off.

Fuli sighed, "Hi Kion..." 

"Hey Fuli! You need to see my friend Beshte!" Kion screamed fast. "He's over at the marsh right now." 

"But I was just resti... Never mind, you'll never listen to my excuse, where is that?" Fuli said.

"Jeez, I thought you had explored the Pridelands!" Bunga mumbled sarcastically. 

"Well, I would have if you didn't keep distracting me!" Fuli defended herself.

"Cmon, Follow me!" Kion called running off towards the marsh.

~~~

Fuli had quickly overtaken Kion as they were sprinting to the marsh.

There were about 15 hippos' standing around and one of them ran out of the water 

"Hi Kion, hi Bunga!" The hippo said happily.

Fuli stared the hippo down before walking forward. 

"Oh hello! Who are you?" The hippo asked smiling at her.

"Oh, my name's Fuli. So, are you Beshte?" 

"Yep! Nice to meet you Fuli." Beshte proclaimed, "You want to go in the water with us?"

Fuli looked at the body of water and backed up.
"Umm, sorry... I don't really like water."

"You'll enjoy it! Seriously, you should try it!" Beshte encouraged.

"No... I, uhh, don't want to go swimming. I don't enjoy it..." Fuli explaned.

"Oh c'mon Fuli!" Bunga cried as he charged at Fuli, knocking her in the water.

~~~

As Fuli went in, she remembered her past.

Her mother's cries for help...
The current whisked Fuli's Mum away for good. From that day forth, she vowed never to be in the stuff again. 

The pain had seemingly been pushed back inside her, never to be seen again - until now. 

She was underwater - with no clue how to swim.

She wanted to scream for help but couldn't speak. 

"Fuli!" Kion shrieked. 

"Why isn't she coming up?" Bunga asked oblivious to the danger...

"Perhaps. There. Was. A. Reason. She. Didn't. Want. TO SWIM BUNGA!" Kion 

"Don't worry Kion, I'll get her!" Beste said before submerging in the water.

Fuli was lost in her thoughts. She remembered her dad picking her up and running. 
She remembered finding her mother's corpse in the shallow of the river - dead...

Fuli felt something beneath her as it rose her above the water.
She then could open here eye's and began to cough up water.

"You're ok!" Kion breathed out, worried.

"I... whaaa? *cough* I... " Fuli looked down embarrassed, "Thank you Beshte..."

"Oh, no problem, Fuli." Beshte replied cheerily.

"So, you can't swim?" Bunga guessed.

There was a lot more than that... Fuli wasn't showing her pain however, just her embarrassment. 

"I *cough* Yes... I can't swim. Sorry..." Fuli Apologised rather than say the whole truth.

"It's nice to meet you Beshte, thanks for saving me, but I've gotta go. Bye." Fuli then ran off rather than hanging around. 

She had nothing to do, yet she didn't feel staying after that embarrassment.

"She seemed nice." Beshte muttered to herself. 

"Oh, she is! But she has some bad trust issues and self-doubt..." Kion analysed 

By now Kion had gotten to understand Fuli's character, yet he still knew nothing about her.

Fuli, on the other hand, was mentally kicking herself for that. 
Now she thought about it, she didn't feel upset for her mum, like it wasn't her family.

She kept herself hidden from Kion and Bunga for the rest of the day.