Ensnared

I'm back and I hope all of you enjoy this chapter but without further adieu, let's dive in.

________________ _________ _______ _____

Harry along with the other students make their way into the Potions class and settle down. He felt something off in the classroom.

Suddenly Harry felt a chill roll down his spine. He heard door close and turned his head towards it. A man in a pitch black cloak had emerged from what Harry assumed was the man's study.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few..."

[stares at Harry]

He continued, "Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

[notices Harry scribbling on his paper]

He continued slowly becoming irritated snarled, "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!

[steps over to Harry]

Suddenly Snape bared down on Harry, "Mister Potter. Our new celebrity.

[after catching Harry scribbling on his paper]

Professor Snape stared at his paper then said, "Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Harry shocked at the attention answered "The draught of Living Death.

Snape a bit taken aback said "Good work. Now, Mr. Potter, where would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?

Harry beginning to doubt bimself saud "In a g-goat's stomach sir."

Snape now with an almost unnoticeable smirk said "More confidence Potter! You're correct. What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

Harry smirked and said, "They're the same thing sir."

Snape began to glide towards the front of the class. "Clearly you're more than that scar Mister Potter, excellent work. 30 points to Slytherin for the questions and 10 points to Slytherin for being the only one to bother to write any notes! What are you all waiting for. Write that down! When I check notes at the end of the lesson, anyone caught without any has two days detention." Snape said with a glare and a snarl to the rest of the class. "Today's classwork is on the board. I expect it done before this lesson is over. Get to work!"

For the rest of the lesson, the class brewed a basic potion to fight a Common Cold. Harry was partnered up with Daphne Greengrass. They were working in silence until she decided to break the ice. "I think this is about done. So Potter what was it like being raised by muggles."

Harry was a bit taken aback but answered politely. "Did everyone know and just leave me in the dark about this. But aside from that it was honestly rather horrible. Especially the stench of these specific muggles." She immediately burst into a fit of giggles.

This drew the attention of a few people including Professor Snape. They began to be a bit more quiet. "How was it being raised by wizards." Harry said once she'd calmed down and people stopped staring.

"Well it wasn't amazing because my father's got a stick up his arse. Why if he'd have gotten his way he would've set up a betrothal between us or had me swear eternal servitude to the new Dark Lord Potter." They both started to laugh quietly but Snape had enough then approached.

"Well Potter and Greengrass judging by your chatting I can assume you two are done with your potion, correct?" He said with a raised eyebrow. They both nodded. "Well then, bring a vial each to be marked." So they proceeded to extract a vial each from the potion and handed it in to Snape. He closely examined it then nodded approvingly.

"Excellent work you two. Top marks! I think you should partner up more often. You may make your way a bit early to lunch." He said with another almost unnoticeable smirk. Hermione gave Daphne a slightly jealous look but carried on with her potion.

They collected their things and made their way out of the classroom. However not before Harry and Draco shared a high five.

"Well Potter I'd like to permanently partner up with you. God forbid I might end up partnered up with a Gryffindor if I don't get a permanent partner." She said with a playful smirk.

"Why not. It was a pleasure to work with a lovely lady such as yourself." He said with a smirk of his own. She blushed a vibrant red due to her pale skin and playfully slapped him on the arm.

"Who would've thought that the boy who lived was a charmer. I just might let you since I've always loved black and emerald. You seem to barely meet my handsome standards." She says with a grin and wink once she recovered from the blush. Harry however adopted a blush of his own. They arrived in the great Hall for lunch and barely anyone was there.

They make their way to their seats and continue with their conversation and their playful flirting. As the rest of the school files in most people notice the interaction between two of the most politically powerful Slytherins.

The girls in years 1-3 are particularly distressed by this scene. Especially with how close they were to each other. She was practically sitting on his lap! All of Harry's roommates made sure to give Harry nudges, thumbs up, eyebrows wiggling and winks whenever they caught Harry's eye or were near him.

It's safe to say that things just got more interesting.