A Time To Take Flight

Well I feel this story is coming along nicely and I'm here to present you with chapter 7. Let's go!

Few days later

After his brief introduction with Daphne Greengrass, the heiress of house Greengrass, Harry and Daphne had become fast friends, so whenever Harry wasn't seen with his band of rogues(as rare as that was), he was with Ice Queen.

Flashback

The group of friends were currently lounging around on the common room, two weeks ahead of their homework. Blaise was sleeping on the arm of his chair. Harry was practising spells on Blaise's hair. Draco was sleeping in his DADA book. Theodore was actually reading a book and reciting spells he found in it.

Daphne had just come out of her room and spotted the group as they messed around. She made her way behind Harry and was forcibly halted by a mumbled spell.

Theodore having frozen Daphne with a simple 'petrificus totalus' sarcastically said with mock authority, "What's her business with the prince of thieves." Harry glared at him while undoing the spell on Daphne. Draco and Blaise were woken by the noise.

"Relax Nott, she just came to talk to me." He said as he mumbled a spell to undo Nott's. "So what I'm hearing is, the Prince has found his princess." Nott said causing everyone(except Harry and Daphne) to burst into laughs.

"Ha,ha very funny but have any of you rogueish brutes heard that we have flying lessons this afternoon with the Lions." She said brushing over the tease.

"Just what I need," he sighed, "more of the weasels."

From day one the two weasley twins had been giving Harry hell. Unlike their brothers they were the more annoying type of twins.

Timeskip

It was time for the flying lessons for the first years. As the Slytherins and Gryffindors made their way to the area where they would be learning, Weasley decided to make a scene.

"Hey Harry, come and hang out with my friends. You don't need to hang out with nerds and snakes." Weasley said excitedly although his words disgusted me.

"If you haven't noticed Weasley these are my friends and I for one am a proud Slytherin so would you please leave me alone." Harry said coldly with am icy glare. He had quickly built a reputation of being the ice prince of the first year and put the mask on full display.

"Come on Harry, I'm sure you can get resorted. I heard some nerdy Ravenclaw sprouting it out. So you can still ask the sorting hat to put you in the right place." He said while stupidly brushing off Harry's glare aswell as the glares of his friends.

"Leave him Weasley. I'm sure he's just as dark as the rest of them. Just call Nev over to the right crowd. He shouldn't be hanging with the wrong sort." The fool known as Finnegan called over.

By this point Harry's friends were seething with rage. Daphne made to draw her wand but Harry calmed her gently grabbed her wrist to stop her. This didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the first years but he quickly moved past it. However the other Weasley was furious for a different reason.

As they reached the designated area Neville steeled his nerves looked over at the other Gryffindors and said, "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." The Gryffindors had a myriad of different reactions to this. Thomas was simply shocked while Weasley and Finnegan were disgusted with Neville.

The girls on the other hand, had more positive reactions. Brown gave Neville a look that implied she was impressed whereas Bones looked awed. Patil gave her a knowing look which made her blush.

Before the idiots could retaliate Madame Hooch arrived blowing a whistle. Did no one at this school understand subtlety!

"Alright everyone, let's get down to business. To summon the broom to your hand simply say commandingly 'UP!' If after five tries you are unable to call it to your hand simply pick it up." After five tries only Draco, Thomas, the female Weasley and Harry had manged to get the Broom in their hands.

"Now calmly get on the Broom and at my whistle hover on he spot." However on the whistle Thomas began to ascend alarmingly fast till he eventually fell on his wrist.

"Everyone OFF your brooms while I take Mr Thomas to the hospital wing. If anyone even hovers you'll be out of here faster than I can say Quidditch."

As she left weasley started laughing. He picked up a circular West Ham badge. "Hey Harry, look at this. He dropped some badge from the muggles. What a loser." He said attempting to win Harry over.

"Weasley drop it!" Harry said warning the idiot.

"No I don't think I will. I'll leave it somewhere Thomas can find it." Weasley said. He quickly got on his broom and took flight but before he could get to high he heard "Accio badge!" and felt the badge attempt to leave his hand.

Weasley however managed to knock the badge off course and Harry quickly got on his broom to give chase. Right before the badge joined the giant squid in the lake Harry caught it. Unfortunately a certain dungeon dweller had spotted Harry near the lake.

As Harry returned to his classmates hearing loud cheers until.....

"Mr Potter please come with me." Snape said from behind the group.