Chapter 1

I step back into the dressing room and kick my heels off the second I reach my vanity.

Now I could walk, dance, even run in a pair of heels but man I can't stand wearing them sometimes I'll have to get some gel inserts.

" did you see the way they looked at you out there!" Harper said running up to me She's a sweetheart always smiling when you see her.

" eh it was nothing." She gasped and played slapped my shoulder.

" stop being humble and take the compliment." She chuckled and sat down in her chair next to mine. " maybe sherry should call out more."

I sent her a death glare making her burst out in a fit of laughter.

" if she calls out I will drag her here my damn self!" I chuckled and unzipped my dress. " I prefer to be lurking in the dark than in the sunlight."

" ok nosferatu but Miranda is right." I couldn't hold back my laughter from the comparison

" I know I'm right..." Miranda said while walking towards us " what am I right about?" She placed her hand on her hip. She didn't even know what she was agreeing too yet she chimed in.

" miss Tabitha here prefers to lurk in the dark like a damn vampire rather being up on the stage!"

" oh yeah! look how long I've been saying this. But I won't force her I'm just happy we have her."

I smirk while holding my hand out. " see I'm happy where I am Harper no need for a switch up."

I grabbed my signature green corseted dress with crystal tassels hanging off the hem while emerald might be my stage name that was still the name I gave people.

As the two started talking to each other I slipped on my second pair of heels and entered the common room.

" good job out there Em!" I shook my hands and smiled at him.

" thank you Rick but please spare me the compliments I just did my job." He rolled his eyes and handed me the drinks that needed to be delivered.
" table six." He said as I walked away.

Most of the customers were talking or paying attention to the band on the stage.

" here are your drinks enjoy." I give them a warm smile and walk off

" excuse me " I turn around looking for the voice but continue walking since I didn't see anyone waving me down.

I sat at one of the empty stools at the bar waiting to be called or sent out again by Rick.

" you know you should preform more." Rick said while cleaning one of the glasses.

" please I got enough from Harper in the back."

" welllll she's right what ever she said she's right!"

" Rick why don't you eat her out while you're at it since you want to kiss her ass." I said sarcastically making him laugh.

" hey all she has to do is  call me and I'll go crawling!"  I don't know why the two won't get together they've been flirting for years but they BOTH won't make a move.

" excuse me?" There's that same voice I turn around almost bumping into his chest. " i don't think you heard me back there."

I look up to see him giving me direct eye contact. It was him the one staring me down as if I was his next meal.

I clear my throat " I'm sorry yeah I heard someone say something but I didn't see who called."

He smirked looking away for a brief moment.