Chapter 8

I quickly rush back to my place to grab the cake I made. He kept talking about how he wanted carrot cake but he didn't have time to get some. So I took it upon myself and made it for him.

I took the cake out of the fridge and closed the door with my hip. Hopefully, the subway isn't too packed today. I mean, it's not rush hour so I should be fine.

I carefully walk up the stairs and pull my phone out to see the address he sent me a while back.

"Hm not that far of a walk," I say to myself. I shove my phone back into my pocket and start walking. I don't want to get caught in the rain, and lucky for me I left my umbrella at work again.

The cool autumn breeze rushes past me making the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. It's not even November yet and it's already this cold I should have put on more than a sweater.

Seeing the building coming up on my left I pick up my pace. If I read it correctly it should be.....

Downstairs!

Soon as I opened the door the music from the speakers above filled my ears. No shade to people who work out to rap but I prefer something more upbeat

I tried to enter fully but was immediately stopped by some big buff guy glaring at me.

"Can I help you? I'm sure you're not here to work out?" He said keeping the same angered look the fuck is his problem

" I'm here for Val?" Ignoring his rude comments he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah isn't everyone? He's down the hall to the right if I catch you doing something." I waved my hand not wanting to hear what he had to say and walked away.

I don't need someone throwing empty threats at me. I followed his directions and knocked on his door.

Hearing his deep voice saying to coming in I opened the door.

He looked up with shocked eyes but quickly smirked and stood up.

"gattino, what are you doing here?" He asked while walking over to greet me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into a kiss. I pulled back and chuckled

"Uh I made a cake for you and I wanted to drop it off." He raised his eyebrows and looked down at my hands. He opened the box while taking it from my hands and gave me a smile. "Carrot cake!"

I nodded my head smiling at his reaction. He caressed the side of my face and placed a kiss on my lips.

"Look at you taking care of me gattino." He scooped up a tiny piece onto his finger and placed some in his mouth. He turned around slightly and placed the box on his desk.

"Mhm I hope you-" The door suddenly opened and the clacking of heels interrupted me mid-sentence

"Valentino, why are you not dressed? We have to go!" I turn around to a woman with a furious face. Damn is everyone pissed here who shit in your cereal. She looked like one of those stuck-up women who lived in Westchester who were too good to even tip the valet.

She walked closer as if she were about to put her hand on me. First of all, don't touch me I don't know who you are. I quickly moved out the way and raised a brow " Is she another one of your hoes Valentino?" I watched as she lit her cigarette and purposefully blew it in my face.

"Hoe? Excuse mi yuh dutty stinkin gyal come outta mi face wid dat!" I swatted her hand away making the cigarette fall from her hand. She gasped and looked as if she were ready to pounce on me. You know how rude it is to blow that disgusting shit in someone's face. I can understand an accident but she did it on purpose