Chapter 11

It's been a couple of weeks since the ball and I've turned into a hermit crab. I don't leave my apartment, I've avoided my friends and even called out of work.

I do feel bad for doing it but I just want to be left alone. The only person I can say I've kept in contact with is Santiago. He's the only one who knows about everything so it's a breath of fresh air when I talk to him.

As I walk over to the kitchen sink to place my mug down, my phone starts to vibrate. I reach into my pocket and look at the notification

Santiago: Hey, I tried buzzing you but I don't think it's working so I'll be outside waiting for you.

He also had his fair share of issues going on so we served as each other's shoulders

I texted him back letting him know I just needed to grab my jacket then I'll be down.

I grabbed the envelope from the table and put in my jacket. I wanted to get this over with I was tired of having this linger in the back of my mind. And while I don't think he deserves to know it did take two for it to even be here.

The fact that I had him blocked on everything he still found a way to contact me. Demanding that I talk to him. I even heard from the girls that he went to the blossom looking for me a couple of times. Before I didn't have a reason to talk to him and was ready to let this 'relationship' burn to a crisp but unfortunately now I do. I roll my eyes in frustration and slide on my shoes.

I lock the door behind me and head down the stairs. As I make it to the ground floor a smile perks up on my face seeing him leaning against the car waiting for me. " I hope I didn't have you out here too long." He looked up and greeted me with a warm smile. He shook his head and walked closer to me. He engulfed me in a much-needed hug that I didn't want to part from. "Thank you." He chuckled and patted my back.

I'm really grateful he's been here to talk to. Most people including myself don't really confide in strangers about their problems, but again he's the only one who knows plus my problems aren't the only thing we talk about. "Did you eat breakfast yet?" He asked while letting me out of his warm grasp. He opened the door letting me into the passenger's side.

I gave him a smile and muttered a thank you as I got in. "Yeah, but not a lot. I think those side effects? Symptoms? I don't know what you call them but they started happening." I buckled my seatbelt and adjusted myself in the seat. "No driver today?"

He smirked and turned the car on, "No, this is a private matter and I didn't want to have unnecessary people there. And if you get hungry let me know we can stop somewhere before or after."

"Thank you, oh! How did your meeting go?" He let out a low groan causing me to chuckle."Somethings got accomplished, but it could have ended sooner if people just listened to me the first time. I know I'm not the easiest person to have as a boss but my instructions are always clear."

"Yeah, you don't seem like the person to beat around the bush you're more like a 'get to the point' type of guy."

He scoffed, "Thank you at least you see it and we've only known each other for a little while!" As we pulled up outside Valentino's gym I bit my lip while trying to unbuckle the seatbelt. He glanced over at me sensing something was off and cleared his throat. "Do you want me to go in with you?" He finally asked,

"N-no, I think I should be fine. It shouldn't even take that long but if I'm not out within an hour come get me ." He nodded his head and we sat in comfortable silence.

_

I got out and he reminded me of the plan and I nodded taking a deep breath with the white envelope in hand. I ventured down those annoying steps once again and opened up the door.