4. Gray || Jameson Jackson

Jameson sighed, resting his chin in his hands as he stared sadly outside. It was the middle of the afternoon, the sun high in the sky. It should have been a bright, cheery, October afternoon, but instead thick, dark clouds choked the blue out of the sky, dimming the light produced by the sun to a dim gray, making everything look dreary and uninteresting.

JJ turned back into the house, wandering around, looking for a fellow ego to hang around. Everyone was probably in their rooms, unmotivated from the gray weather outside.

Unfortunately, Jameson couldn't call to his friends, one of the many downsides to being mute. He just had to wander around until he found someone.

The level of light in the living room suddenly fell, dropping the room into a just-past-twilight look. JJ blinked, looking around. In hopes it was just in his head, he closed his eyes, opening them a second later, and sure enough, the drab gray light was back, sitting in the room like it had never left.

Huh. JJ thought, That's... odd.

The gray light flickered, flashing between the darkness. JJ blinked again, taking a nervous step backwards, the edges of the walls against the ceiling beginning to leak darkness, trickling down the walls before pooling on the floor, running across the floors, meeting in the center of the room. The second the dark gray liquid light met, the entire room plunging into darkness.

JJ took another step backwards, his eyes open wide in fear. His breathing quickened slightly, his heart beating against his ribs. His back bumped up against a gray wall, and he slid down it, bringing his knees up against his chest, wrapping his arms around his legs and hiding his face in his arms, shutting his eyes tightly.

"Jameson?" He heard someone say, their voice low and quiet, a whisper in his ear.

He whimpered silently, squeezing himself tighter.

"JJ? You ok?" Someone else said, the quiet whispering in his ears disappearing.

"Hey, vhat's wrong?" Someone gently touched his shoulder, and he peeked out of the small ball he was in.

Tears of relief pricked at his eyes when he saw that it was Henrik.

JJ lunged forward, attaching himself to the doctor in a desperate hug, and Henrik hesitantly returned it.

"You- Vhat happened?"