4.Night-City family man

Uploader, Philip Hamilton, knowyourmeme

Uploader, Philip Hamilton, knowyourmeme.com

******

"How do I look David?"

Asked Gloria looking at the mirror. She wore a shiny long red dress made of silk, a little purse dangled from her shoulders, make up was applied just the right amount. David hadn't seen her like this for a very long time.

"You look fabulous mom, I'm sure your new date will be impressed by it."

David remarked half sarcastic half sincerely, his mother is going out tonight on a date, her date is going to ring the doorbell anytime now, this man better not be some oily old punk, his mother deserves 'high value males' no matter how stupid that sounded.

6:30 p.m, the doorbell rang.

"Coming~" said Gloria before David stopped her in her tracks.

"Lemme open the door."

Said David, "If this man want to be a part of our family, he needs to pass my inspection."

The door opened to reveal a muscular Latin-American man, one arm and shoulder was obviously replaced with beautiful cybernetic enhancements that David has never seen before (CNT artificial muscle fiber is better in all aspects to the metal chunk cyberware in Cyberpunk).

There was light hair on the man's face, but one look was enough to deduce that it was carefully trimmed and maintained. His facial angle was to the golden proportion as if he is a movie model. A light scar ran through the man's left eye, not only did it not undermine his looks in anyway, but it gave a sense of layer to face.

He was wearing classic formal attire, a rose was tucked into the top pocket of his suit, and a dozen other were held in a bouquet. He was smiling healthily.

"He sure passed the looks inspection."

Thought David.

"You must be Gloria's son, David, the name is Samuel Rodrigues, you can call me Sam if ya want."

The man's smile was somehow even bigger.

Gloria rushed to greet him, Sam took her hand and kissed its back.

"Miss Martinez, you look as beautiful as ever tonight."

"Call me Gloria."

Gloria said while blushing.

David sighed, he wasn't entirely sad, now that nobody's at home for the night, he could Braindance all he wants for hours on end. (Just like when we get to PS5 all night wit da homies amiright boiz?)

Sam turned to David, "Tell you what Lad, here, I prepared something just for ya."

He took out a little device from his pockets, there was a little button on it, a light red light flashing on and off, and a cybernetic plug on it that can be attached to the back of the neck.

"DKTR-16 pain inhibitor, works wonders in combat, turn that little bad boy off and you got a low-budget Sandevistan, not only does it dial down your pain, it also sharpens your focus and senses, don't worry Gloria, it has zero side effects, kids toys, far below military grade."

"This man sure knows the game."

Thought David, Sam had now passed the 'supportability' inspection in the boy's mind.

Everyone knows that bribing the children is the first step to be accepted into a family, David wasn't a kid, but what Sam did had already cemented his image as the cool uncle who just dropped by.

"Say thank you to uncle Sam."

"I was already gonna say it mom."

The three exchanged dialogue for another brief while before Gloria and Sam decided to depart.

"Take care of yourself tonight David."

"You have a excellent evening lad."

The door shut with a faint bump, leaving David gazing down at his new little gadget, two seconds later David rushed into his bedroom and began his evening joyride.

P.S. You can see by now that Sam has grown accustomed to Night-City and adapted smoothly and effortlessly into its climate.