8.Infiltration

Konpeki plaza, Arasaka Waterfront 8:30 a.m.

"The scan won't take too long, sir." 

The security guard motioned for Sam, Jackie to and V be scanned. Everything went smoothly.

"Three visitors please."

"Konnichi-wa (Hello), welcome to Konpeki Plaza."

The lady at the front desk greeted V, Sam and Jackie sweetly, she wore a golden mask. And the three were in suits.

The registration process was handed over to V, who registered a big bedroom which was reserved under his name. Three men all ordering one bed did cause the reception girl to raise an eyebrow, but considering that their reservation was for a 'business' negotiation, she decided not to think too much of it.

"Okay... I'll inform Takikawa-san that the three of you have arrived, It'll be a moment."

The young lady at the front desk said something that startled the 3.

They didn't really have an appointment with Takizawa, Rogue claimed a fake business meeting with an Arasaka executive for them to get in.

"Don't trouble yourself or him." V stretched out his hand and shook his finger gently, "We'll go to our room to clean up first, and find him by ourselves later."

"But, Takikawa-san is waiting for you, isn't he?" the lady at the front desk wondered.

"Senorita (Miss), do you know how long we have traveled? Eighteen hours from New Barcelona!"

Jackie said exaggeratedly, this was a lie, and such a believable one it would've gotten him an oscar.

Due to the threat of Samurai, Saburo Arasaka and a part of his Arasaka team decided to secretly relocate from Arasaka into Konpeki plaza, taking the Relic Biochips with them. What he did not foresee was for his own son to betray him and sell his location and info to a bunch of terrorists.

However, due to this maneuver, Rogue had to alter the plan, to ensure that the assassination is  successful, both V and Sam are assigned to Saburo while Jackie needs to steal the Relic solo.

"Is it really okay for us to be doing this together, I mean isn't it really smarter for us to separated and doing this two ways, won't that make us harder to catch?"

Jackie whispered after they got out of the elevator.

"We gotta cover for me, Jackie,  Arasaka already knows about me, my ID and personal info were all faked by just for this mission, you guys on the other hand are legitimate. There's a reason your Sammy boy didn't talk back at the reception ya know.  The less I act before me and V start choppin, the less mistakes we'll make, the less fuss there will be."

Sam whispered back to him, putting a finger to his lips. Jackie clearly didn't listen to Rogue during the brief.

"Saburo Arasaka lives in the top floor of the Plaza right now, he should be exiting the building heavily guarded in the afternoon, Sam and V, initiate attack when he reaches reception, we've snuck in some Samurai members prior to today in order to aid you, create chaos to cover for Jackie to steal the Relic."

Piped in T-bug through everyone's built in PDA.

"We hijacked the closest Maglev train for your retreat, hop on it after the job's done, pods will be waiting for you guys two stations away." 

Everyone nodded and T-bug continued.

"Sam, I know Rogue wants you to kill Smasher, but don't go outta your way just to do it, my advice is that V kidnap Saburo with Sam's cover, make sure Smasher and Takemura follow you onto the train, and then Sam deal with them on the train, this way, even if they do overpower you, you can still escape on a pod."

"Copy." 

Said all three men simultaneously.

They separated and, 2 and 1, and departed towards their preparation locations.

*******

Konpeki plaza, Arasaka Waterfront 1:30 p.m.

"Are the MaxTac in place?"

Asked Saburo, he seemed to be 10 years older than yesterday.

"Almost, lenaga-sama, captain Melissa Rory* and her psycho squad are on the way, they will be arriving in approximately half an hour. 

Takemura answered, he was a bit worried about hiring a bunch of cyber-psychos to guard his Emperor's safety, but he didn't doubt Saburo, the lenaga was, is, and will be - always correct.

"Tell them to pick up their pace, Samurai can attack anytime recently, my people have caught a glimpse of their plan, they are treacherous beyond prediction." 

Said Saburo, exiting the huge elevator designed with his entire security team (or maybe just your mom) in mind. 

Something flashed through Takemura's head,

"Lenaga-sama, about Yorinobu..."

"Stay out of my family matter, "

Saburo dismissed Takemura instantly,

"Yorinobu and I have quarrels, but we are still family, deep down I know he values the last name Arasaka, it is only a matter of time before he comes back to us, when he realizes that pedigree is the only thing you can depend on in Night City."

Saburo snapped on, obviously annoyed.

"Yorinobu will soon realize that his responsibility lies in the fam....."

"BOOM! ratatatatatatat...."

He was cut short by the sudden assault...

*Melissa Rory

"They're my... reminder. When I see them, I see what they've sliced... Muscle, tendon, bone... even implants. Like a hot knife through butter."

– Melissa to V  about her Mantis Blades

Melissa Rory is a NCPD lieutenant in the MaxTac division, originally a cyber-psycho herself. After MaxTac apprehended Melissa alive, she was forced to join them, becoming one of its most prominent members.