11. Aftermath (end of Arc 1)

Mega-Building H4, Santo Domingo, 7:10 a.m. (Jan 27th, 2075)

"And to corporate news, yesterday afternoon, the CEO of Arasaka tragically passed away after a botched open heart surgery. "

Said the female reporter over the television.

"The CEO Saburo Arasaka was attacked by terrorists around 1:30 that afternoon in Konpeki Plaza, inflicting severe injuries around his chest cavity, causing the surgery to take place. The CEO's son and heir Yorinobu Arasaka will be inheriting the company as of the late CEO's will and claims to the public that he will avenge his father and, quote 'destroy the all possible terrorists in Night City' unquote."

Gloria dropped her cereal bowl.

"What's wrong, ma?"

Asked David.

Gloria was shaking, 'solo merc', 'huge gig', 'bodyguard', 'someone important', it was all coming together.

She called Sam on her built in PDA.

No reply, Gloria scrambled up from the table.

"Nonono...nononono..."

"Ma, are you good? do you need help."

Gloria took long, deep, breaths, he voice was a bit muffled when she spoke out again.

"Pack you belongings D, wait in your room after that, we might have to leave this city."

"Ma, what are you talking about?"

"If my guess is correct, if Sam really was the bodyguard of Saburo Arasaka that afternoon, if Yorinobu Arasaka decided to release his wrath on the bodyguards after his father died..."

Gloria lost her voice. 

The doorbell rang. 

"D, go to your room, escape out of the window if I shout, are we understood?"

"Yes ma."

David knew better than to cause trouble for Gloria in moments like these.

Gloria crept to the door and peek outside through the door hole, trembling.

Next second she swung the door wide open and ran into the arms of the Minuano, she tried hold back her tears but it was to no avail.

"Gloria, querida~,  what happened, don't scare your man."

Sam asked, patting her on the back.

"You got the audacity to ask me? What were you doing yesterday, Sam?!"

Gloria questioned fiercely, but she could not summon any anger in her voice.

"I'll tell you all about it Gloria, I will, you're cara is a Night City legend now my querida, he's got his family set up for life."

Sam comforted.

"David ma boi, you can come out now."

A confused David Martinez walked out to see his mother and Sam, who wearing a suit and carrying a suitcase.

"Come, come, sit down, sit down, I'll tell you guys the story, from start to end."

*******

Arasaka tower, Corpa Plaza 1:30 p.m.

"Rest in peace father, you shall never have to forgive me again."

Yorinobu sighed to himself while staring outside the window, all that needed to be done for Samurai is done, but for him, it was just the beginning.

"Yorinobu san,"

Takemura walked into the building, there was a black cloth that covered his left eye diagonally, he had also replaced his entire left side with metal.

"about the attack, I think I might have some clues about the attack..."

"We'll not talk about it today Takemura, today is for grief and reconciliation."

Yorinobu cut him short. 

"But Yorinobu san..."

"What is your job, Takemura?"

Yorinobu snapped, he was now a bit annoyed

"I don't follow..."

Takemura was confused.

"It's a simple question, answer it."

Yorinobu pressed on.

"To protect the head of the Arasaka family."

Takemura answered, he had found his determination again.

"Then I sincerely hope that you will do a better job executing your duty from now on."

Yorinobu shut down the conversation.

"Forgive me, Arasaka sama, I will not disappoint."

Takemura gave a confirmative answer, but Yorinobu could see deep in his eyes that he did not give up, he was still defiant.

"Tch..."

Yorinobu scoffed as Takemura left the scene, he was a tit-bit upset that Samurai didn't dispose of Saburo's bodyguard. Cleaning up the mess after such a big event won't be easy.

"Shut down access to Goro Takemura's cyberware, confiscate his Relic biochip,"

Yorinobu ordered his secretary, looks like the disposing of Takemura needs to be put up on his agenda now, maybe he'll even have to deal with Hanako, she was a firm Saburo support when he lived.

"Fine, I'll do it myself."

Yorinobu concluded.

*******

Mega Building H10, Little China, Watson District

"You're legend now V, the entire crime world now sees you as an idol for killing the emperor."

Laughed Jackie, they were having a party at V's apartment.

"Why didn't Sam come today."

"He's spending time with his Gloria V, ditched the boiz as soon as he found his girl."

The Minuano was now the No.1 legend of Night City crime world along with V and Jackie, killing the infamous Adam Smasher was a feat to be recognized. The cool wind of Brazil became the talk of the Afterlife club.

"Here, check this out."

V pulled out a special looking projection PDA,

"Rogue gave this gem to me,  told me to insert the Relic biochip in it."

V twirled the device in his fingers and Jackie moved in for a closeup look.

V took the Biochip from its preservation box and slit it into the PDA.

There was a buzzing and glitching noise, it lasted for about five seconds before a 3D projection shot up from the PDA.

It was a black-haired man in a black vest and aviation sunglasses, his left hand was replaced by a gleaming metal cyber hand.

The man turned around in confusion,

"Where the fuck am I?!"

Asked Johnny Silverhand, once again born into this world.

P.S. in case you did not understand, Gloria thought Sam was hired to be the bodyguard of Saburo Arasaka because of what he told her in Chapter 6