9."What are you doing R̶a̶i̶d̶e̶n̶ Smasher?"

Konpeki plaza, Arasaka Waterfront 1:35 p.m.

Adam Smasher was having the most confusing time of his life. A couple days ago he was suddenly called from Hanako by Takemura into Saburo's security team, he didn't have to stay by Saburo all the time, but he always had to stay in the same building.

That afternoon he wasn't up to alot, high security meant that he wasn't allowed to distract himself with entertainments such as 'Braindancing'.

The sudden explosion of bombs and the rattling of guns instantly alerted him, he immediately activated his Sandevistan, jumped from whatever floor he was on, landed in the reception and shattering the floor, only to find the entire place to be in chaos.

Saburo Arasaka was nowhere to be seen, gunfights rattled out here and there.

"Takemura, what is going on?"

Smasher called Takemura,  gunfight noises echoed through both of their PDAs. It was clear that they were both in battle.

"Don't mind the fight in the reception," shouted Takemura, "I sent you my location, come to my aid right now, they have kidnapped lenaga-sama!"

There was no time for Smasher to be shocked, right when he set off to access a vehicle, a voice rang out from behind him, stopping him in his tracks.

"I'm afraid you won't get the chance to do that Smasher boy, you've got a party to attend."

Smasher turned to find a tall muscular Latino man with his arm stretched out on either side, he was taunting him, both physically and verbally.

"Do you know who you are challenging, boi?"

Smasher uttered, his teeth clenched.

"Adam Smasher," smirked the Minuano, "Night City Boogeyman, today I test your philosophy with my blade."

"Indeed you will, I hope you fight as vicious as you talk."

Smasher chuckled in pleasure.

"Very well, let's dance!"

Smasher activated his Sandevistan, he raised his ajax rifle and fired, Sam charged forwards with a frenzy of slashes, deflecting the bullets with ease.

Seeing the minimal effect the gun is achieving , Smasher fired his hand cannon, but Sam was already gone from his former position. The cannon shot exploded on the ground, shooting the pavement in all directions, but achieved no purpose other than collateral damage.

"Tch...he's fast"

Smasher decided to go for melee, his fists were weapons deadly enough. He charged at Sam preparing his missile launcher in case the melee combat went out of hand, but Sam had already flashed out of his sight.

An instant later Smasher felt a breeze of wind from his back, he immediately plunged forwards without turning to looking behind, but he was too late, something scratched him of his left shoulder.

The next second Smasher's whole left arm, left shoulder, and his missile launcher went flying into the air, Smasher's pupils would've shrank if he had them, he was absolutely sure that the blade had only barely scratched him. 

How? How did he pull that off? 

"Muramasa blade, son, it manipulates extreme pressure wind in response to high frequency vibration, you can't hurt me, Smasher."

"Who are you?"

Adam Smasher croaked.

"So even the Boogeyman feels fear huh,"

Sam gave a menacing smile,

"It turns out that you took me shorter time than I expected, I'm supposed to keep you company and lure you onto a train while V gets to work on Saburo, but now I feel that I can still catch up to him after I'm done with you."