《82》Impeccable Timing

Another LOOONG one...
Jeez, I gotta shorten my chapters in my next book...

"Lian..."
I forced myself not to look at my brother, but hearing Tae's broken, rough voice already gave me a good idea about how he must look.

Utterly devastated.

I wanted to show it too.
Wanted to crack open and cry that this was not fair.
This was not how it was supposed to go.

But I forced myself to keep a grim look on my face as we all came to a stop before the dais, staring up at the girl that was NOT Lian.
Not the girl we loved and cared about.

"Well, well," the boy holding Lian announced, pulling her a little closer and his eyes flashed with glee as he saw how it affected us.
Suho's smile turned downright vicious as his voice carried over the silent room.

"Namjoon, my old friend! You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment.
For you and your Gang to finally attend one of my parties. This is truly a joyous moment!
A dream of mine come true! So? Have you come to welcome our newest member too?
I don't think there is need for introduction, is there?"

And to underline it, he reached out and lovingly stroked Lian's face.
It hurt.
It hurt so fucking bad as Lian giggled in his arms and nestled closer to him while her eyes stayed on us, feasting on how it killed us to see it.

Slowly, taking one deep breath, Namjoon left our row to step forward and look up to Suho.
That was another way for Suho to prove his dominance.
Everyone speaking to him would be forced to look up.

And yet a flash of proudness washed over me at the way Namjoon still managed to appear on the same level, his eyes dark as a starless night, his face smooth and void of any emotion that might give him away, and as always, his voice alone carried a power that filled the room.

"I must say, Suho, you have outdone yourself with renovating this room.
Truly impressive. And so utterly you!
Tell me, does sitting on an actual throne make you feel like you finally have all the power?"

Suho only grinned wider, though the madness in his eyes flickered bright for a moment.

"I do have all the power. And it's right here, in my lap."

He turned his head to look at Lian who finally turned away from us and met Suho's eyes.
And everyone saw it.
The glaze that fell over her eyes.
The way he lips parted in utter devotion for him, hanging on to every word out of his lips like they had become her religion.

"You're plan was good, Namjoon. It really was," Suho murmured as he gently tugged back on of Lian's black strands.
And if I didn't know any better, I would say Suho himself sounded a little dazed.

"She is a true gem. Such a beautiful, wicked creature.
I thought I could come up with cruel plans, but her? Oh, her mind is such a delight.
I can't wait for all the things she will help me accomplish.
And to think," he said on a chuckle, "That you send her to me yourself!"

My heart set out.
Completely.
It couldn't be... he couldn't know...

"I don't know what you mean," Namjoon only replied in a cool, even voice.

Suho laughed this time and didn't even try to hide the madness when he turned back around to us.

"Really? Strange then... Lian told me such an unbelievable story!
How the great, selfless Namjoon who treasures family above all else send her to me as bait just so I would throw this very party and give you the opportunity to overthrow me.
Oh, and to try and convince the other gangs to stand with you under the pretence of valuing family and fairness? Ha! Oh, you are so full of yourself, old friend!
Do you all see it now?" he called out over our heads, addressing the room full of those very gangs.