𝐱𝐢.

✩𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏✩

✩𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏✩

irl + social media

the first week spent in florida could be described as monotone

the first week spent in florida could be described as monotone. nothing really happened, mostly because of the fact that both george and autumn were severely jetlagged after their flight. they slept through the first few days and spent the next couple of ones unpacking.

the most surprising thing to everyone was how quiet autumn was. during the whole week she didn't say more than a few sentences at a time, shying away from the conversation and avoiding spending time with sapnap and dream, opting to spend it in her new room listening to music.

the reason behind that was of course her mindset that she ruined everything. after so long her brother wanted to do something for himself, and she had to ruin it? of course she did, because just like her mum told her a million times, she just had to make everything about herself.

but that wasn't the only reason, no, it most definitely wasn't. because the other reason was in a room just next to hers, streaming minecraft to 150K viewers.

the banter that they shared online wasn't present since she got to florida, and everyone could feel it. but what could she do when his presence intrigued her?

when they talked online, she could hide her face behind the screen, could hide the pink blush that rose to her cheeks whenever he said one of his jokingly flirty lines. but that's all they were, jokes, and she had a hard time coming to terms with that.

now when sapnap said anything as small as a hi, she would avoid eye contact and mumble a response before hurrying up to hide in her room. she didn't know what else to do. how else would she keep her cold demeanor?

plus, why would she say hi to sapnap? who is he to her? last time she checked, he was only her brother's best friend. she had nothing to do with him, and she would like to keep it that way. she didn't need anyone, so why would she need him?

she knew that if she got close to someone, they would break her heart, either platonically or romantically, so she wasn't going to let herself do that and give them a chance to do it. not again.