~The Prologue~

Hello everyone! Enna here, sorry I haven't written in a while. But I'm back! This is more of a passion project as I'm obsessed with demon slayer at the moment! Anyways if you didn't read the description of this story, this fanfiction will include depictions of blood, Violence, and mental health issues. Although there's not gonna be that much blood and violence throughout many chapters, there will be at least one chapter with a lot of blood and violence,so read at your own risk!

This is my own AU which I thought would be interesting to turn into a fanfiction! In this AU, Tomioka Giyuu had grown up in the same down as the Kamado family, which contributes to the reason why the water hashira didn't make it on time to try (and most likely fail, as he'd probably be killed by anime Micheal Jackson) to save Tanjiro and Nezukos family.

This story is mainly centred around Giyuu and Hanako, but there will be chapters that will mainly be focused on Tanjiro.

I do NOT own demon slayer in anyway, and I do not own any characters other than some background villagers!
~~~
-3rd person POV-

It was in the middle of the day, the the clouds prevented the sun from shimmering onto the snow, but the frost covering the snow managed to create a perfect shade of white, causing the snow to form a glimmering blanket all over the ground. The air was cold, freezing his lungs- he didn't want to be here, he never wanted to come back to the place where his beloved sister was murdered coldly by a demon.

He still remembered the musky smell of blood as he managed to escape the box his sister had put him to protect him. He remembered all the pain, the people blaming him for his very own sisters massacre, how he was going to be sent away... all painful memories he forced himself to relive as he made his way down Mt. Kumotori.

'Damnit you weakling! You missed the demon- innocents have been killed and eaten because of YOUR incompetence! At least YOU could do is slay this demon!' Giyuu tomioka, the Water hashira beat himself up as he was dodging the trees in front of him. He swerved left and right, with the speed of a rapid river.

He made up his mind, he will kill this cold hearted man-eater no matter what it took. He will serve justice to those who'd fallen prey to such fowl beasts such as demons. 'Demons.' He mentally cursed, he hated them with all of his might. They took away his beloved sister Tsutako Tomioka and his best friend Sabito, the person more deserving of the Water Hashira title.

Giyuu never should of been the water hashira in his mind, he was a weakling, an imposter among his colleagues. He wasn't able to protect those he loved, and held dearest to his heart, nor was he able to defeat a single demon during his final selection all those years ago. Weak, useless, a repulsing human, undeserving of life, these are some words Giyuu would describe himself as.

Ever since his best friend Sabito died, he felt numb, the light in his eyes faded when he heard the news of Sabitos passing, he still didn't want to believe that it's real. But yet it was, and he desperately needed to accept the fact that his best friend was dead.

He sped up as he saw the demon he assumed was the killer of the family of victims he found higher up the mountains, 'She's about to consume another human! You will save this sole survivor Giyuu, no matter what!' He thought, drawing out his nichirin blade from its holster.

He was met with the scene of a female demon with black hair raiding into orange currently in top of a boy with firey dark red-like hair, the only thing stopping the demon girl from consuming the boy was the axe the boy was using to stop the girl from attacking him.
- - -
"Hanako" a soft spoken voice echoed in this place of emptiness

The young girl barley managed to open her eyes, she didn't recognise where she was. Suddenly memories of what happened that night came flooding back, blood. Blood was splattered everywhere- that man. He was the one who had attacked her family, the reason they were dead and Tanjiro -her older brother- had no family.

"Hanako" The voice said again, but this time louder.

She felt a familiar warm head on her cheek, she gathered all the courage left inside of her and looked up to be faced with beautiful light purple eyes. "Mama?" Hanako tilted her head, looking up. For some reason, she felt no pain.

(A/N: yes, Hanako is only about 8 years old when she was attacked in this fanfiction, so I imagine that she'd call her mum, 'Mama' )

Kie smiled softly at her youngest daughter, cupping her left cheek, "Hanako, You have to go back."

Hanako looked at her younger brothers, it struck her that someone was missing, her older sister Nezuko wasn't there with them. "Wha-what do you mean I have to go back mama? Where's Nezuko?" Hanako tilted her head to the left, scanning around the area one last time in an attempt to locate her older sister, but with no avail.

"You have a chance to live Hanako, we want you to live" Kie smiled softly, "Tanjiro and Nezuko will need you."

"Big brother and sister? Why would they need me mama? I want to stay with you and my brothers, and papa!" Hanako remembered her father Tanjuro. During her life so far, she remembered her father to be a pale and sickly man, but he was very kind, sweet and determined. She was definitely a daddy's girl, and it upset her that she couldn't see her father anywhere.

"Now, now Hanako, listen to your mother now." A masculine voice backed up Kie's words. Hanako looked to her right and dodged forward to hug her father, "Papa! You're here!" She gleamed.

Tanjuro took a moment before hugging her back, but ultimately pulled back after a few seconds "Listen to Mama, you have to go back now." He told her.

"But what about you? And mama?! And all of my brothers!? What's going to happen you all?!" Hanako exclaimed, this time both of her parents took her into a group hug with her brothers.

Kie was the first to speak up "We'll be fine Hanako, don't worry about us. We'll be watching you."

"Wha-what?" That was her only words before she was washed over by a sea of pain, she was drowning because of it. Then it hit her, the disgusting scent of blood, she couldn't open her eyes- everything was dark. She felt immense pain in one of her legs, 'What's going to happen now? Will I be ok? Will they be ok? Tanjiro, Nezuko, I'll live just for you!'

That was all Hanako could think, but then she was picked up by someone warm- this wasn't her oldest brother, this person was too, well not like her brother. Who was this? Who was this man taking her to safety?
~~
That's the prologue done! I hope you all liked it!

I wanted to clear up that Tanjiro didn't know Hanako was alive as she was sat up next to their mother, so it was hard for him to check her pulse. So he had assumed she had died like their brothers, which would also mean Tanjiro could feel that Hanako was warm.

I should also say that it may take a while for the next chapter to come out, but I'll try to get it out as soon as I can! ~Enna

Anyway see you next chapter! Enjoy a free Giyushino comic, Credits to its original creator!