~Chapter Four: Train Until You Drop~

Hello there everyone, I hope you're doing well. As I am writing this, there is no schedule for when I am going to update the story or add new chapters. If you're reading this as it's completed then good for you. But if you're reading this and it hasn't been completed, I'm sorry that the chapters take a long time to come out, I'm just very lazy.

Please remember that there may be possible mentions of mental issues, blood and gore throughout the chapters, but there's not really going to be that much in this chapter.

I don't own anything other than the idea.

Enjoy.
~~

A few weeks have gone by since Hanako had become Mr. Tomioka's student, and she's gone through lots of tough training sessions that often burn her energy out, but what matters is that she's making progress.

It's been a bit weird living in a house that only houses two people, she was used to living in a somewhat cramped tiny home with 7 people living in it all at the same time. She's still getting use to it, however she's been enjoying having a little more privacy in her life.

Ever since she woke up from having her leg amputated, she kept a small journal, and in that journal is where she'd write down all of her dreams. Sometimes she woke up in the middle of the night after having a scary nightmare, or rather memories of the night of her families massacre. Mr. Taoishi told her that writing down her dreams in a journal could help her, and she took that advice, hence why she's currently writing in the journal.

It was late at night and the moon shined bright through the window in her room. She paused for a moment and took deep breaths to try and help her remember what her dream was about. It started off as it usually does...
~~~

She was helping her mother get the futons out for her and her little brothers to sleep on, her older sister Nezuko was getting ready to go out and bring Tanjiro back from wherever he had went too, and that's when it happened... a man with blood red eyes and short black hair had burst through the door and her family started screaming.

He went for youngest brother Rokuta first, Nezuko tried her best to block the man's attacks but it wasn't enough, soon enough she and Rokuta were lying in a pool of their own blood.

Takeo and Shigeru were attacked next, the man went was unleashing violent attacks upon the two boys which had them screaming in pain. Her mother froze in pure fear in shock, it was happening too fast, she covered her youngest daughter with one of the futon blankets in efforts to try and protect her, but it barely worked.

The man attacked her leg with malicious intent, scratching and stomping on it from time to time, her mother was last, and she faced the most violent death of the family...
~~~

"What are you doing up this late, Hanako?" The monotone voice broke her out of her thoughts.

'Mr.Tomioka! How? What- I didn't even hear his footsteps! He must be a ninja or something if I couldn't hear him!' She thought as she quietly packed away her journal.

"I'm sorry! I had a really scary dream and- I couldn't get to back to sleep..."

Giyuu thought about what he should say before he replied, what should he do? She's still only a little kid, and it wouldn't be a good idea to put her back to bed and call it a night. 'Think Giyuu, think! What should you do!?'

That's when it hit him, he could tell her a bedtime story. He knew a few stories as Tsutako used to tell him stories before he had went to bed, and in all honesty... it could work.

"It's ok. How about I tell you a story before you get back to bed?"

Hanako perked up at the word 'story', she loved stories! Tanjiro used to tell her some all the time when he came back from selling charcoal, they were always so interesting!