You stay, I go > F.C

After Lewandowski had finished healing she knew it was time to abandon her post. Yes, she was breaking one of her general orders, she had not been properly relieved. Frank had decided she was good and well on her own at the compound so he went on a simple, 4-day mission with Lieberman. In this time, Lewandowski had already written what was basically a novel to Frank and letters to both Curtis and David. The decision to leave did not come lightly. She had spent most nights wide awake, in front of her and Castles' mirror wondering where it had all went wrong, why she was like this, and why she was abandoning everybody.

   'It had to happen. Simple as that,' Lewandowski thought. As soon as they left and she was alone for the first time in months, she packed every single one of her belongings into her sea bags, shoved her ID's into her pocket, exiting the compound and was on her way to the inner city. As soon as she had made it, she flagged down a taxi and asked to be driven to the nearby airport. To get far away from her old life was the ultimate goal. Her driver had tried to ask why she was sobbing, why her hair was a mess and if she was okay but Lewandowski was focused on the window outside and gave him no answer.

    Instead she paid him forward before the ride was over ( she knew how much it cost, she had looked it up two weeks in advance ), and kept her head low the entire ride. When she was dropped off, she thanked the driver and booked it to the gate of her flight. They had just started boarding and thank god she hadn't let her emotions get the best of her as she had left. How comfortable her and Castles' bed was, the photos of the two. As she had left and looked into every room, memories had flashed her mind, almost making her regret this.

   She sat in her assigned seat, throwing herself into it, headphones on, and mind blind to the world around her. Sydney, Australia here comes your newest runaway.

( waiting to first person )
~

    I was so excited to see my girl on the drive home that the traffic couldn't dampen my mood. So much had happened, so much was accomplished and she needed to hear about it. Yes, she was leaving but when you have something exciting to tell your best friend, that doesn't matter. "Frank, you gotta calm down before you die of fucking excitement. I swear..." Lieberman joked, sipping on his coffee. It was early in the morning, Lewandowski had to be awake by now.

   "I'm excited to see my gi- best friend and tell her everything that happened. What's wrong with that?" I was incredulous as to why he would ask that question, he should know by now. I turned up our favourite station even more, banging in the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

   "When are you actually going to man up, grow some motherfucking balls, and tell that woman you are head over heels for her? It's getting sad to watch." He smiled as Frank coughed on nothing and almost killed them. "Woah there, killer."

   "When we get home, actually. I don't know how and I haven't because that woman is my best friend, my rock, my person, my partner in crime. I'm not risking fucking losing everything over some love-y, dove-y bullshit. She's all I have."

   That was the end of that conversation and any conversation at that. For the remainder of the drive, we listened to the same radio station. A whole days drive ahead in silence was just what I needed to clear my mind. I'm just on short day, I'd be confessing my love to Lewandowski.

~

   This much I knew, Frank and David had made it safely to the compound and I had landed in Sydney, Australia. It was already the next day, the heat was in full swing and my new life was going to be assumed. I stopped for some chow at one of the food courts and looked up the nearest place to get a license here, a car, a credit card, and any other things I'd need to basically live here. All to be completed in the next week. My identity needed to be changed over as soon as possible.