something big ➳ steve rogers

Do you ever get that nonsense feeling something and out of your control is going to happen or is happening? Welcome to the life of Y/N Y/L/N, the woman who can sense all natural disasters past present and future. Though the past part isn't really useful until your realize, along with Steve Rogers, she'd been frozen in time. And the ever longing question: can she see through time while frozen?

     Yes, she can. She was able to see the economic growth throughout the ages. Y/N was fascinated but also disappointed in the superiority of white people. But hey, think what they think. Whatever it may be, she wasn't particularly excited to step into the new life so forcefully thrust upon the pair. Especially when the first thing that happened was an agency and their goons chasing them two down. Not fond of the twenty first century.

     So you can see why she was untrustworthy of the Americans in this time. One being Tony Stark. Yeah, she knew he was absolutely far off from his father but she had yet to determine that. She had yet to step within two feet of Stark Tower despite Steve begging her to 'take it out for a spin.'

     But Y/N refused to release her reason, staying in Queens while Tony was in Manhattan. That meant Spiderling was on the job or as he said Spiderman. As she sat in her bedroom, tossing a tennis ball at the ceiling and catching, she felt a presence. A presence she hadn't invited nor one she knew. Still, Y/N opened the door, not frightened by the boy clinging to the side of the building. "Peter Parker?" She smiled when Peter slid off the mask and came inside.

     "How did you know I was there?" He seemed confused, maybe Stark didn't tell him. No, not maybe. He didn't tell him. Either that or he forgot.

     "Tony didn't tell you so you would feel like you may have actually accomplished something here. But you haven't. I knew you were here because I can sense past, present and future events. So..." His posture changed, slumping his back and flopping onto the couch. "Sorry?"

     "No, no. It's okay. That's really cool." Peter pushed air out of his lips, wringing his hands together. "So, miss Y/N. If you knew I was there you must know the reason."

     "He wants me to be an Avenger. And he sent the kid." That gave Y/N a chuckle which turned into a full blown, bending at the knees laugh. "Tell him I'll have a sit down, a meeting. Sound good?" Peter nodded, leaving Y/N to her safe space alone, mindlessly tossing a tennis ball at her ceiling for hours.

~

     Peter walked home, having changed, head down and minding his own business. He'd rather have her here, maybe to protect him, he didn't know. But her presence gave him a sense of safety now knowing she can see the future. "Hey, kid! Give me your money!" A man in the dark yelled, pulling a gun on him. Now, Parker was just a fragile kid, with the ability to hurt like everyone else.

     Y/N caught her ball, eyes bloodshot in fear she. Fear for the kid. She knew the kid could handle his own but without him wearing the suit, he was just a normal kid. This event, she didn't have enough time to prepare seeing as most bad events give her a weeks time to prepare and tell Steve. She grabbed something she hadn't used on someone in a long time before Y/N tore out of her apartment, running down the streets to find him.

     When she laid her eyes of the shaking — badly — kid, a deep set fear sat in her stomach and didn't go away. She didn't know why she feared for this kid's life but Y/N did. "Peter come here and get behind me, okay? Come to Y/N." Peter didn't just walk behind her, he ran into her arms, almost knocking her to the ground. She did stumble but caught herself before she could fall. "It's okay, I got you. You're safe now, understand?" Peter pulled away to sniffle before nodding.