why couldn't it be mini golf? ➳ frank castle

Life could be easier for Lewandowski and Castle. But when she's her and her best friend is the infamous Punisher, it doesn't get any easier than surviving the dark streets of Hell's Kitchen for one week. It's not easy being them. They're constantly on the run, until now.

The diner by the double train tracks was unusually nice for the beat down town it resided. The red and blue sign, the chair and roof. It had a yellow and green interior, don't know why, but it made it look almost expensive. If they didn't have a train riding up their asses, more customers would shuffle in.

Two plates of scrambled eggs were placed in front of them, as well as two coffees —— black. Outside, it was a gray kind of day, dark clouds covering every inch of the sky as rain sprinkled from above. Hoods were up to hide their disguise as the waitress filled their cups for a third time.

   "Thank you, ma'am." The two thanked simultaneously, chuckling softly.

   At the front of the diner, the phone rang loudly, picking up the attention of the seven or so patrons in here. A waitress picked it up, listened for a little bit and looked straight as her and Frank. "Military woman, its for you."

   "Can't be." She spoke softly, tapping her foot anxiously. Who the hell could know?

   "I'm telling you. This guy just described you and your friend like he was standing here next to me." You know how, in class, when a book is being read and your name is mentioned so everyone looks back at you? That same goddamn reaction happened as she strolled to the phone, eyebrows knitted.

Lewandowski looked out the window, surveying rooftops and then the diner. "Lemme guess, you're outside, sunbathing in a speedo."

   "That's uh... funny. Almost." David mocked her, fingers typing away at his computer. "So, tell me, Lewandowski. How are the eggs and coffee at Darcy's Diner? Any good?"

"You got the wrong woman." She hesitated, shuffling her feet from side to side.

"Unless you're not Y/N Lewandowski, the dead woman? And your friend is Frank Castle, also the dead man?" He chuckled when the other woman sighed in defeat on the other end of the line.

"That makes three of us." Her voice wavered dangerously on the side of threatening and joking. This man, whoever he may be, was pissing her off in ways she hadn't felt since Agent Orange.

"You're more right than you know. You're not the only ghosts in this town, Y/N." This statement caused Y/N to be more confused than ever. Who was this man and more importantly, how did he know both she and Frank were alive? "Hey, did you ever get that disc I left for you at your house?"

"Yeah, yeah I got it." Her voice rasped from years of misuse, like she had been smoking.

"Did you watch it?"

"'Micro?' What is that? Is—is it some sort of name?" Lewandowski was beginning to get fed up with this man, with how much he knew.

"Yeah, that'll do for now." In all the background noise, Y/N could hear the same cars passing the diner and the same three dogs barking every two minutes. He was closer than she wanted anyone but Frank and Curtis to be.

"You got somethin' you want to discuss with me. Why don't-why don't you come on down here? Buy you a cup of joe, talk about things." Lewandowski began unfolding the money from her wallet, tilting her head towards the door which let Frank know that a) something was up and b) they had to scoot ASAP.

"You know, I don't think that would end too great. You two need to realize why you can't kill me. Then we can meet." As soon as she heard the click on the other end of the phone, she gathered her stuff and paid the cashier.