S3 Seed

Eliana Pov:

"Eli, clear?" Rick asked me as we checked out and abandoned house close by. "Yes." I said checking a bedroom with my knife in hand. Rick, Daryl, T-dog, Carl, Glenn, Maggie soon entered in the house to start checking room to room for supplies and to see if this place is safe to stay in for a bit.

As I checked upstairs I saw Daryl aiming at an owl as it stares right back at him. He then shot at the owl killing it instantly. "Was that really necessary?" I asked as I checked around the room for clothes, food, medicine or anything useful. "Wanna eat?" Daryl asked me. "Yes one owl will feed 9 people including a pregnant woman." I said as I picked up a few pills on a dresser.

"Hey, it's better then starving, let's go." Daryl said waiting for me as I put all the pills and other things I found in my bag. We all nod at Rick that it's safe he then called in the group as one by one walked in with bags of things we got. 

Months went by and a lot has change mostly Lori who's 9 months pregnant and can give birth any moment. "Hey Eli, can I have some painkillers?" Lori asked as she held her belly. "No sorry, you're beyond your third trimester, it's not good for the baby." I said to her making her nod and continued entering the house.

We all soon sat around the living room as Carl rushes over with canned tuna, mushroom soup, beans, tomato soup and more. As soon one of them was open Rick picked one up and threw it across the room startling all of us. We all understood the frustration of Rick... We all were tired, we haven't showered in months, had a proper meal, and haven't found a safe home.

Soon T-dog noticed many walkers around the house getting all of our attention. We all instantly got all our belongings and got out of the house quickly as it wasn't safe to be there. We all got into our car and drove off to hopefully find a safer place to stay.

-

"We got no place to go" T-dog said as we opened our map to find another place to stay. "When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off. We'll never make it south." Maggie said. "What would you say? That was about 150 head?" Daryl said to Maggie.

 "That was last week. It could be twice that by now." I said to Daryl. "This river could have delayed them. If we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there." Hershel said. "Yeah but if this group joins with that one, they could spill out this way." I said to Hershel following the map of all the places we tired to stay but just left moments later.

The longest we ever had to stay at a place was a day and a half. "So we're blocked." Maggie said. "Only thing to do is double back at 27 and swing towards Greenville." Rick said pointing at directions. "Yeah, we picked through that already. It's like we spent the winter going in circles." T-dog said to Rick. "Yeah, I know. I know. At Newnan we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet. We can't keep going house to house. Need to find someplace to hole up for a few weeks." Rick said to us.

"All right. It cool if we get to the creek before we head out? Won't take long. We got to fill up on water. We can boil it later." T-dog said to Rick. "Knock yourself out." Rick said as we all got our containers or water.  

-

Once we finished getting water Rick and Daryl came to us telling how they found a prison close by and that looked safe enough to stay in. Only that there were a few walkers inside. "Watch the backside." Rick said as we all pulled out our weapons ready to kill the walkers inside. Rick then cut the fence opening it for all of us to enter in. Soon once we all passed the first wall we instantly attracted all the walkers banging on the second fence.

Soon we made it to the main entrances making it perfect as there had two chain link fence and a big opening where all the walkers are at. Further in was another fence then the prison itself. The only issue is that, the third fence had a gate making it obvious more walkers are in the other side. "It's perfect. If we can shut that gate prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by tonight." Rick said to all of us.