Twice as Far

Eliana Pov: 

It was early in the morning and I was in my living room drinking coffee as I read a book. I was then interrupted by knocking at the door making me get up and walk towards it. "Yes?" I asked and saw Denise and Rosita at the door. "Who is dying?" I asked as usually it's ends up being like that. "No, one... is Daryl awake?" Denise asked me making me shake my head. "No but I can go wake him up." I said. "Sounds great." Rosita said making me sigh and closed the door to wake Daryl up who was in our bedroom.

"Daryl, Denise and Rosita needs you." I said softy as I stood at our bedroom entrance. "Why?" He asked mumbling making me chuckle. "If I knew I'd tell." I said as I saw him get up and I walked out of the room and opened the front door. "He's coming... So what is this all about?" I asked the two. "Denise need us to go scavenging for medical drugs." Rosita said to me making me nod. "Sure, we can come." I said to her. "That sounds good." Denise said smiling at me. "Hey, what's up?" Daryl asked Denise as he walked up behind me. 

-Later-

"I remember seeing it right when I realized I had no idea where I was going

"I remember seeing it right when I realized I had no idea where I was going. Edison's Apothecary and Boutique. It's just this little gift shop in a strip mall, but if it's really an apothecary, they had drugs." Denise said to Daryl and I about the plan as I looked at the map. "How do you know they still got 'em?" Daryl asked. "It isn't that far. I just wanna check. And you, Eliana and Rosita aren't out scavenging or pulling shifts." Denise said. "We'll go. You sure you want to do this?" I said to her. 

"I wanted to check. I just wanted to help." Denise said insisting. "How much time you spend out there?" Daryl asked. "None..." Denise said. "Forget it." Daryl said not wanting to risk her life. "I can ID the meds. I know how to use a machete now. I've seen roamers up close. I'm ready." Denise said. "Denise I can go, you don't have to worry." I said to her unsure about her doing this. "I can do this... I want to help." Denise said making me sigh.

"You good with this?" I asked Rosita. "No." Rosita said also not wanting to risk her life. "I'll go alone, if I have to." Denise said. "You'll die alone." Daryl said annoyed. "I'm asking you to make sure I don't." Denise said to Daryl and I making us look at each other then Rosita. "I'm not babysitting her by myself." Rosita said making me sigh. "We are all going." I said giving in. Daryl instantly looked at me with disbelief. "Don't give me that look." I said glaring at him making him stop.

Soon we all got into a old car which had an old gear stick. Daryl was obviously having a hard time using it as he never used one before. 

As Daryl was figuring it out Denise started mumbling. "I.. Your... Forget it." Denise said to Daryl. "No what is it?" He asked still annoyed. "I think maybe you're disengaging it too soon." Denise said as we were driving in a old broken down truck. "I've been driving stick since I was 15, usually beat-up trucks like this. I mean, before-- you know, before I left home." Denise said to Daryl who then tried to figure it out. 

"My brother taught me, so I just know." Denise said making the car ride a bit awkward but I kinda go used to Denise's rambling. As we continued forward we saw a tree blocking the road making Daryl stop. "Stay here." Daryl said to Denise as he, Rosita and I go out and check whats up. As we looked around I heard walker's growling coming from inside the tree that's blocking the road. "Eli, help." Rosita said as she removed a bush revealing a walker trapped.