The Distance

Eliana Pov: 

"Hey." I heard Maggie's voice as she enters in the barn with Sasha as we all just sat around looking at them. "Everyone... this is Aaron." Maggie said as a man walks in making all the guys aim their gun at him making Sasha block him. "We met him outside. He's by himself. We took his weapons and we took his gear." Maggie explained as Daryl pats Aaron down as everyone glares at him.

 "Hi." Aaron said awkwardly then Judith started tearing up making me got to her and held her. "It's nice to meet you... all." He said slowly walking to Rick but stopped when everyone aimed their weapons at him again. "You said he had a weapon?" Rick asked Maggie who then walked over to Rick and handed him a small pistol.

"There is something you need?" Rick asked him with a hostile look in his face. "He has a camp nearby. He wants us to audition for membership." Sasha explained making me scoff... "I wish there was another word. Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of a dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights." Aaron said chuckling but we all just stood there confused at his main point. 

"Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home... I know. If I were you, I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into." Aaron explained to us nervously as we all looked very unamused.

"Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?" Aaron asked him making her walked over to Rick handing him his backpack

"Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?" Aaron asked him making her walked over to Rick handing him his backpack. "Front pocket, there's an envelope. There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those... I apologize in advance for the picture quality... We found an old camera store last--" "Nobody gives a shit." Daryl said cutting off Aaron as Rick pulls the envelope of photos of the community. 

"That's the first picture I wanted to show you because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe. If you join us, you will be." Aaron said as I looked and saw a picture of walls with a wooden pillars holding it up.

"Each panel in that wall is a 15-foot-high, 12-foot wide slab of solid steel framed by cold-rolled steel beams and square tubing. Nothing alive or dead gets through that without our say-so... Like I said, security is obviously important. In fact, there's only one resource more critical to our community's survival. The people. Together we're strong. You can make us even stronger." Aaron said to all of us like a commercial guy you'd see on the tv. 

"The next picture you'll see inside the gates." Aaron said but then Rick walked over to him and knocked him out as for some reason, he didn't trust him at all, unlike the rest of us who do. 

"We got to secure him. Dump his pack." Rick said to me as I handed Judith to Carl as I opened his bag to see what he had. "Everybody else, we need eyes in evert direction. They're coming for us. We might not know how or when, but they are." Rick said to all of us. "Me and Sasha we didn't see him. If he had wanted to hurt us, he could've." Maggie said to Rick who was very much very paranoid.