Case 3: The Clown

A detective is staring at a recent crime scene. It looks like someone had been drown in their bathtub. It's unnerving to look at.

Lily: This is the fourth one this week.

Grace: Yeah, there starting to get more frequent now.

Lily: What led to all this shit even happening to begin with.

Grace: Probably hysteria. You know everyone's all jumpy about the thing that happened a month ago.

Lily tilts her head into her palms in concentration.

Lily: This doesn't make any sense. No forced entry, No fingerprints, no nothing. How did he even did?

Another officer bursts through the room door out of breath. He lumps over to Lily and Grace and reports to them that.

Officer: We have a problem.

Grace: What about this? (Pointing her finger to the dead body)

Officer: The chief wants everyone on this. I'll explain when we get there.

A yellow string is moving from under the numerous rows of lunch tables. Passing over multiple dead corpses in the process. It finally  reaches it the foot of the boy. Wrapping itself around his foot, and finally.

Delinquent: What!

The string pulls into a wall. Smashing his forehead against it. However, it doesn't knock him out. He just casually pulls his head right off it.

Kyle: That didn't work.

Claire: Obviously, the guy is a walking tank at this point.

Thomas: Why not aim for whatever is controlling him? It's just there not doing anything.

Claire: Your free to do what you want.

Thomas: Thought you never asked.

Thomas points his finger at the entity, and flicks his thumb to form his hand into a gun. The beam fires right into it, but it bounces right back and hits Thomas right into his hand. Luckily, it doesn't do anything to him because it's his energy. His powers will just absorb them back.

Thomas: It sent it back. Is there some kind of force field around it?

Claire: I can't tell.

Kyle: You can't? Haven't you been doing longer than us.

Claire: I've never seen anything like this.....ok.

Kyle: Alright, just let me think.......

There's no way a regular human being could do what he did. That thing hanging in the ceiling must have something to do with it, but what exactly.

Kyle looks around his surroundings, and spots the red strings.

That must be what's controlling him.

Kyle: What if we cut the strings.

Thomas: That might do something to it.

Claire: Small problem, how do we get close enough to do it.

Kyle: You distract it.

Claire: Huh? Wait Waiiit. I'm not doing that. I like my head on my body thank you. You should do it because this was your idea.

Thomas: Yeah, this was your idea Kyle. You got to handle it now.

Kyle: Fine.... Just go for the strings.

Kyle comes from the table the table to find the beast missing.