the truth...

"...and..that's what..happened." Sunny put his head down and stared at the ground, ready to take a punch or something.
Kel's eye twitched. Aubrey stood there, shocked. Basil hid himself in the blanket. Kel scratched his head. "I-is this a joke...? Sunny...please tell me this is a joke." Sunny stared into oblivion. "Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no. This is a joke. You're just joking with us, right? Just like Mari used to. You have to be-"
Basil interrupted him. "Kel. We're not joking with you. I'm...so sorry. I really am." Kel slowly slumped to the floor. "Oh."
He looked so...scared. Sunny wanted to just..hug him. He felt a burning pain in his chest, choking him. Suddenly, Hero stood up out of the chair he was sitting in.
Hero's eyebrows furrowed. He felt his vision become blurry with tears. "Sunny..what? So- you're telling me that...you killed he-"
"Hero, NO." Aubrey slammed her fists on the desk. "Don't even try to pin it on him. No one killed anyone. H-he was just a kid." Hero started to shake. "But Basil..." he started.
Aubrey shook her head. "You know, I have no clue what the HELL he was thinking. But we watched a lot of horror movies, and maybe he got it from that or something...genuinely, I don't know what to think. But before you get angry, sit the fuck down and think before you do anything."
Hero unclenched his fists, took a deep breath, and sat down, still shaking. "Y-you're right. But Sunny..." He glanced at the sorrow-looking boy and felt vomit rising. He quickly looked away. "I need some time."
Sunny's eyes widened. "Oh...okay." He tried to get up by clutching the bed frame, but just toppled. Aubrey rushed over and grabbed him before he fell. "DUMBASS! You can't walk. Sit back down!" The smaller boy nodded and slowly let go of her as she let him fall back onto the bed.
Hero stood up, taking a quick glance around the room. "Um....I'll see you...uh..when I can. Right now, I'm just gonna go to the car and...think. Bye."

With Hero...

He dashed out the door, down the steps, and into his car. He jammed the key in and started the car up, thoughts racing. No. There's no way. Mari just...but why would he...why?
He stepped on the pedal, backing out of the parking lot and into the street. Hero started driving towards a Wendy's, sweating and on the verge of tears. He pulled up to the drive through and looked at the lady working there. (Is that Mincy?) "Hi. Just a frosty, please." Mincy turned to look at the messy-haired boy. "O-kay, I'll have that ready for yo- woah, are you alright!?" Hero's stomach turned. "I'm fine. Just a rough day, that's all." Mincy frowned, concerned. "If you say so. That'll be 0.99." Hero fumbled with his wallet, starting to shake a little less. "Here you go." Mincy smiled, but it was obviously fake. "Thank you, sir! I hope your day gets better!"
Hero drove out of the Wendy's parking lot, eating his frosty in the car. "Yeah, me too. Oh shit! That's cold."

(authors note: i actually searched up the price of frosties for this)

SORRY THIS WAS SO SHORT