a troublesome call

Kel ran as fast as his legs could take him, ignoring the angered screams of his mother. 
She eventually shook her head in disapproval and went back inside to go call his father. He didn't care. He continued running down the street, finally reaching Basil's house.
He knocked on the door, and this time Basil himself opened it instead of Polly. He looked slightly shocked to see the jock at his door. "Kel? W-what do you need?" He smiled nervously, noticing his sour mood. "Basil, I just need to hang out with you for a while. I got in a really bad fight with my mom and I want to get my mind off it, so I figured spending time with my bud could help a little." He smiled weakly. "Oh, sure! That's...kind of an honor." Basil stepped outside and shut the door behind him. Kel thought for a moment. "What do you wanna do?" He asked. "Hm. Well, why don't we go find Sunny? Then we could play games together." Basil suggested. He wasn't really good at doing one-on-one things, it was a bigger risk of him embarrassing himself. If he had to be a third wheel to avoid it, then so be it.

"Oh- okay!" Kel beamed. He was really excited to see Sunny again, especially after such a hard time. Basil smiled too, but heard his phone ringing from the living room. "Hold on-" he mumbled, rushing to go get it. He picked it up and answered it, despite it being from an unknown number.
He let the person on the other end talk for a bit, then furrowed his brows. "N-No...he's....yeah, no....you too...bye." He hung up the phone and stared at Kel with a worried look. "So? Who was it?" He asked. Basil shrugged as if it was no big deal. "Uh...your mom." Kel frowned. "There's no way you just pulled a your mom joke on me!" He whined. Basil panicked a little. "No, I mean it was actually your mom, she called because she was worried about you-" Kel cut him off. "Not funny, mom jokes are old." He crossed his arms and huffed.

"It's not...." Basil sighed, giving up. "Okay. It was no one, then. Do you want to go get Sunny now?" He asked. "Oh, yeah!" Kel pumped up his arm in excitement. "Let's go!" He grabbed Basil's arm and dragged them both to his house.

(*walks over with rizz* *finger guns* heyyy, long time no see 🤡 so i just wanted to apologize for being gone so long, i literally could not get my wattpad to work for the life of me. but it works now, so i will be back to writing!! hip hip hooray!!! -saturday)