Sleepover at the nerd's!

Aubrey slammed open the hospital doors, fresh air seeping inside the building. The four of them walked towards the street, looked both ways, and crossed, heading for Faraway. They actually had to go out of town to get Sunny and Basil to the hospital, as there wasn't one in Faraway, and Hero had driven off. So they had to walk home. Luckily, the small town was only a few blocks away.

"So, Sunny. You move tomorrow?" Aubrey asked, tilting her head to look at him. Sunny stared at the ground. "Yeah." She smiled again, a little pained. "Do you promise us that you'll visit?" Suddenly, Sunny's walking came to a halt. "You...want me to visit? You want to see me again? Even after I...killed...Mari?" He asked shakily. "Don't use 'killed.' And just like Mari used to say....just because you made a mistake, it doesn't mean you're a bad person." Aubrey responded. Sunny clenched his teeth.

"Why are you forgiving me so easily!?"

Everyone stopped in their tracks.
"What...do you mean?" Asked Kel, a confused expression on his face. Sunny looked away, angry. "I don't deserve this. I don't deserve any of this. I-I hurt all of you, and I don't deserve forgiveness." Basil's face softened. He understood. "What are you talking about? Pull your head out of your ass! Don't you get it? You made a mistake. It's not your fault." Aubrey was beginning to get pissed off. She wasn't about to let one of her friends wallow in guilt, not on her watch. "Why do you keep saying that? It wasn't a mistake...I..I did so much worse than a mistake. I took away someone's life." Sunny said, his words starting to sound more like pained sobs. He felt a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, it's okay, bud. You have to forgive yourself, alright? You do deserve forgiveness, even if you think you don't. Honestly, you've gotta realize that it was a mistake. It wasn't your fault, okay? And we all love you." Kel smiled at him.
...That weird feeling again.

Aubrey's angered expression shifted to a happy one. "Yeah! You hear that, loser? We forgive you and loooove you, and there's nothing you can do about it! SO SUCK ON THAT!" Sunny blinked, confused. "H-huh?" Kel nodded at her. "That's not even close to what I just said, but you got the spirit." Basil tried to step away from the group, but Aubrey hurled herself in his way, stopping him. "And you! You think you don't deserve forgiveness either? You think we don't love you? Well, we do! There's nothing you can do about it!! NOTHING!! We're gonna love ya 'till the day we die, and you just have to deal with it!"

Basil grinned slightly, concerned. "Um, okay. I-if you insist." Aubrey gasped and pointed at him, turning her head to face Kel. "Consent. Now, legally, he can't do anything if we love him." Kel gasped as well, excited. "You're right!!" Sunny interrupted, "Wait, guys. I didn't consent, so-"

"Too late!" Kel said, and he grabbed Sunny's bottom lip and made him say "I consent. Also, I'm a pirate. Yarr!!" Sunny flushed a red shade and pulled his hand away. "I'm not a pirate just because I have an eyepatch." Kel shook his head. "I know you are. You can't hide your secrets from me." Aubrey sighed very loudly and dramatically. "Guys, we're at Basil's! Quit walking in a different direction!" Kel spun around, confused. "Oh, we are? I didn't notice. Okay then!! Everyone inside!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Polly sighed, frustrated, as she'd accidentally messed up her cross-stitch once again. "I should just go to bed," she whispered to herself. She thought it'd do her good, especially since she'd been so worried. It was beginning to give her headaches. As she made her way to the bedroom, a loud and impatient knock stopped her in her tracks. She turned around and headed towards the hallway. Polly slowly opened the door, as a creaky noise came from it.
"Yes?"

Kel beamed. "Hi, Miss Polly! I have Basil here. Also, I was wondering if we could sleep over?" He asked, nudging Basil forward. The poor woman stared in shock. "BASIL! You're okay!" She yelled, hugging him tightly as tears started to form. After a while, she stood up, sniffed, and wiped her eyes, looking at the group. "Apologies. Come on in," She said, motioning her hand towards the inside of the house. "Thank you, Polly." Said Aubrey. The rest of the group thanked her as well, and she smiled and blushed with embarrassment, happy they were so polite.

Polly led them inside, and Basil's house looked like it had stayed the same. "Thank you all for bringing him here. I was worried sick. And Basil...could you take a look at this paper, please?" She asked, fishing a rather crumpled document from her pocket. She fumbled in her other one a bit more and pulled out a pen, handing it to him as well.

"...Adoption papers?" He asked. Polly shifted to the side. "You don't have to sign it, if you don't want." Aubrey lightly smacked Kel's shoulder. "No! Way! Basil's getting adopted?!" The small plant boy steadied the pen and scribbled on the 'Signature' line with neat handwriting. He handed it back to his caretaker. "It's okay. I've always wanted someone who I could call my parent, anyways." Polly smiled again, with genuine happiness.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Here," Basil said, motioning towards the floor. "Sleeping bags." Aubrey looked at the sleeping bags, and then at Basil. "Yes. I can see that. Brilliant observation." There was an awkward silence before Kel said, "Pillow fight?" Aubrey sighed, turning away. "No, sorry, I just don't really have any energy for a PILLOW FIGHT!" She yelled, smacking Kel directly in the face with a pillow. "Oh..It's ON!" He shouted back, throwing one at Basil. "Hey, I didn't do anything!" Basil complained throwing one at Sunny. Sunny didn't say anything, but instead tugged on Kel's jersey. "Wanna join forces?"

And so, the war began.