Boring, boring...

"There's nothing to dooo!!" Kel sighed, collapsing onto the couch. "There is. You just aren't looking." Sunny assured him. "If there is something to do, then what?" Kel asked him. "Hmm...why don't we draw?" He suggested. "You know...I've never really tried to draw before..I'm in!" Kel immediately got up and Sunny grabbed some printer paper that was sitting on the table. "See? Now you can draw me, and I can draw you." He commented, smiling slightly. "Okay!" Kel agreed, ruffling his hair even though he hated it.

Kel sat on the couch, scribbling wildly. Sunny stared at the paper, trying to polish it up and make it "perfect." He looked at it...the eyes were off, and the hair looked weird, and the limbs were dumb-looking...he decided his drawing was horrible and almost threw it away, but Kel motioned him over before he could. "Look, look! Isn't it great?" He asked, pointing to his drawing. It was a stick figure...nevertheless, Sunny found it adorable. "Awwww," He said. Kel tilted his head like a puppy, questioning the noise. Sunny assured him it was nothing and pat his head.

"Can I see yours??" Kel asked. Sunny tried to hide it behind his back, muttering a "It's bad." Kel got up and put his hand on his shoulder. "No, I'm sure it's super cool! I've seen your drawings before, even the 'bad' ones...and they're all really good!" He assured him. "If...you say so." Sunny reluctantly handed him the paper.

"..."
"..."
"It's bad, isn't it-"
"SUNSHINE, THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!"

Sunny blinked. "Y-you think so?" He asked. "Yes! It's great! Totally awesome sauce!!" Kel replied, giving him a thumbs up and his signature smile. Sunny caught himself smiling, and quickly shifted back to a neutral expression. Kel didn't say anything, but he'd still seen it, and he'd probably think about it every day. The awkward silence was cut off by a loud beep. "Oh- the cookies are done! Let's see if they've turned into coal or not." Kel yelled, grabbing the smaller boy's hand and practically dragging him across the floor.

He ran into the kitchen, opening the oven door. "Oh, awesome...they totally did!!" He commented cheerfully, pulling out a tray of pitch-black cookies. "Woah...they look goth." Sunny mumbled, lost in thought and not bothering to think before he spoke. Kel gasped. "Goth cookies!?" Sunny glanced at the excited grin on his face and couldn't help but replicate it. "Yeah, I guess. Goth cookies." He replied, staring at Kel's face. The smile on his face always stayed the same...he could remember it always lighting up his face when they were kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look, Sunny! It won't hurt you!" The brown-haired boy put the spider closer to him, causing him to jump back. "K-Kel...it's...scary..." He mumbled, stumbling away. Kel sighed and stepped closer to him. "Okay, here." He said, reaching down and gently grabbing Sunny's hand. Sunny could feel warmth spreading across his face and his heart start to race, like it always did whenever Kel was within a 2-mile radius, but more intense this time. In fact, it felt like Sunny was burning up with a fever. Kel carefully placed the spider, a daddy long legs, in the taller boy's palm. Sunny wanted to run away as fast as possible, but the warm hand clasped with his own made him decide otherwise. "See? These types of spiders don't bite. You'll be fine." Kel reassured him, laughing. The laugh that Sunny loved with all his heart. It sounded like heaven to him.

"Pfft, silly! You should know I wouldn't let anything hurt you." Kel told him dismissively. This was too much for Sunny. Was Kel trying to torture him with all of this? It literally looked like he had a sunburn at this point. "I...wouldn't let anything hurt you, either." He promised. "Hehe...I know." Kel smiled at him again, squeezing his hand tighter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmmm....well, cookies were a flop. Wanna go make people at OtherMart concerned for our mental health?" Kel asked him. "Actually...It's kind of late-" Sunny began to say, before Kel rudely interrupted him with a groan and an, "Aw, Sunnyyyyy! Don't do this to me, man!" He shook him once again in a protest. "Relax...we can do it tomorrow. It's 4am, okay? I'm tired, you dumb idiot." Kel pouted at the insult. "Fiiine. Can you at least stay over?" He asked. Sunny shrugged. "Yeah, why not? I'll sleep on the floor." Kel shook his head rapidly. "No, no, no! I can! You can take the bed or something." He suggested. Sunny sighed. "Let's just share the couch." The brunette switched his worried expression to a happy one. "Sure! If that's okay with you!" He ruffled his hair once again.

(yay sleepovers!! anyways sorry this was kinda short- new suntan book coming soon woohoo!!💪💪 - saturday)