Fourteen

Months flew by, like that. Staying the more that I could, alone, in my room. Cutting myself each time emotions would get too high - which was very often. Everyone in the house seemed to have a happy time, except for me who was taken apart often. Only to be yelled at by my father.

At that time parents were something I did not want to have. Neither did I need them, I thought to myself.

Between school, dance classes and the scolding I passed the other time begging for my dad that I wanted to work. Yes, how weird it sounded, I know had to ask everything to my father. To go buy one-dollar bags of chips at the end of the road to go take a walk even to have a job.

Eventually, my stepmom convinced him. Even if it was my choice to work or not at almost 15 years old. I started to work, at Dollorama. I did a lot of hours, which everyone wanted me to drop.

To me, it was ideal. I was either at school or in dance class having fun or at work gaining money. I was barely home, it was the dream at the time.

As I had more money, I started buying more stuff. Giving a reason for my father to yell at me even more. Hatred towards him started to grow up. As I did to my mom, I was starting to have fun going against the stupid things he didn't want me to do; buying stuff online, staying in my room, and speaking about my mother. Even if it would always end me crying, cutting myself or even doing a panic attack because of the hard things he said.