Twenty

Then one day, my friend came to my house. Hanging out together for the third time. We immediately left, going to the best restaurant I ever went to. Our food was even served by a cute cat robot!

She might not know it but she made me feel happier than I did in the whole year. Yes, I had good memories with my stepmother and the rest living at that house. But happy moments, with people who know you and that you cherish are way better than with people you need to act fake with and pass their time saying you are a brat.

Thank you, my friend, thank you for all you did for me. I will forever owe you.

That day, we had fun. Sadly it ended quickly. My father came to pick us up (by foot of course he didn't have a car) and told me that things were going wrong. We walked back towards the house, and on our way, we meet my friend's mother in a parking lot. She went back with her mother, happy with the day we spent.

As for me, I was worried sick. We continue walking back to the house.

It was worst than I imagine. Now it was my stepmom's turn to yell. Insulting my father. I knew nothing that happened and simply go take a shower and started packing my things as my father told me to. Then she jumped on my case.

Insulting me for no reason, and insulting my mother. I lost it. Now we were the ones to fight.

"You and your crazy mom! You will end up like my friend and live on the street. You stupid slut"

I do hit remember what I told her but I regret not slapping her. I remembered violence is not the cue, that my mother would always tell me.

That's when I got kicked out of the house.