Chapter Six What happened in the two months Hua Ying was in the Kiln

Once Jin Guangyao was given to the Nie Mingjue, each sect started to clean up their own, having found many spies within.

Jin ZiXuan had taken over as Sect Leader and started cleaning up the ignorance within Lanling any that had the makings of a core was welcomed, Jin Yanli sought to set the house in order after the mess that was left by Jin Guangyao, many minor sects had come for help within their own area and even the watch towers that was used to spy changed.

Each sect had their own sect's people within each tower, watching over the people and for once the people truly felt safe. the cultivational world finally came together and worked together, they all shared the burden of the cultivational world and the juniors would nighthunt while the adults watched.

After a discussion with Jin Yanli, Hua Cheng along with Qi Rong would cause trouble for the sects so that the children would gain experience, the ghost realm helped greatly by only sending out malice and malicious ghosts and ghouls.

The next issue was assigning a new chief cultivator, many had suggested Lan Xichen to take the position but he refused, after Jiang Cheng and Jin ZiXuan tried persuading him and failed, they both went to Nie Mingjue who then suddenly rocked up at Cloud Recesses and roared on top of his lungs that if ZeWu-Jun didn't take up the position and fix the mistakes that the three great clans and minor clans had done, he would truly be disappointed in him and would break off all ties, then walked off

Lan Zhan was truly broken by what he had done. After he and ZeWu-Jun had come back alone from the Nie sect he told his uncle and Lan SiZhui that he was going to seclude himself and not planning to come out any time soon.

ZeWu-Jun had ordered that no iron brands, weapons or any other sharp and dangerous tools are not to be within any kind of distance between Lan Zhan and even Bichen was taken after what had happened the last time. Lan Zhan spent his time with Beauty fluttering around him.

For the last month and a half Lan Zhan receded back into himself as he sat on the floor and stared at the box in front of him that he had placed on the table, the tears continued to stream down his face as the grief, regret and guilt flowed through his veins as the pain in his soul worsened.

He would continually whisper for Hua Ying to fight... to live... to come back. He was visited by ZeWu-Jun and SiZhui who tried getting him to speak the only time, he would speak is when his Guqin would sing in Inquiry and he would answer.

Lan Zhan sat there as he remembered how he had gotten the box after coming back from the Nie Sect along with ZeWu-Jun and Lan Sizhui, he had come and secluded himself three days ago He left the Jingshi and sat on the roof as Hua Ying use to do as he gazed up at the stars and when he returned, he had found a letter on the table when he looked at it, he had seen it was his father's handwriting he opened and was surprised that he ran out of the Jingshi almost knocking ZeWu-Jun and Sizhui over who turned and followed. as they reached the cavern they heard the unmistakable sounds of sobbing, they had entered slowly and stopped inside the cavern was all of Hua Ying's belongings that Lan Zhan had collected over the years, as he went forward Lan Zhan cradled a wooden box to his chest and at his side was a discarded letter:

Wangji

I hope this finds you well, I know the pain of losing everything. I had done it too the day your mother had passed, the reason why you couldn't burn down her cottage was partly because of an array I had used and it was A-Ying's invention, I had everything duplicated what you burned was nothing more than empty papers and things I had collected, A-Ying knew and he wanted to keep them for himself and for you in his home once you had moved there, but he is gone now... shattered just like his dream... I do not even know if my son will return... so I have returned them rather to you and let you do with it what you will.