25. Power Move: No Skill Needed, Just Be Amused By Confusion

(Marigold's perspective)

A blade.

A bloody blade.

And a detached head crushed into chunks of flesh and bones. The eyes brimming with life were veiny, hanging out of the eye sockets as though plucked right out from the junction of veins. Blood clots around the broken mouth had formed. 

A woman in a white-pink dress walked into the diluted blood pool. The pond was red with blood as she bent, extending an arm out to me. Suddenly a vague memory washed up in me, and I could see a neonatal intensive care unit before me yet there was nothing in there but a single occupied crib.

 An unnatural vibration, made the bookcases tilt at a precarious angle over the sleeping infant.

"Aah-!" 

My voice...got stuck in my throat.

"Shh. You might wake her up..." The woman with olive green eyes, smiled, her long pinkish dress got tainted with blood ...

She lit a matchstick and stepped into it, turning to ashes.

                                                                                                    𓄯

"Ha!" I gasped for air. My body was again unable to move. It...couldn't have been real. Why would it feel so, though? 

"Get the fudge up, Marigold." Bella sprinkled water over my face even when I was wide awake. 

My limbs and arms numbed up, physically frozen. Everything around me seemed to spin. I must have come down with a fever. Symptoms show it could be possible.
"I...can't mo...move." I tried. My throat stung. Like I swallowed fresh green chillies. 

I couldn't see who else was in the room. Room? I was in Rick's room. Or was it? His family picture was up on the wall. This wasn't B-PRO...then, was it his house...Rick's? 

Ashley helped me sit up. Oh, she's here as well. Ah, it felt better. I cracked my neck but it was a lot harder to even move. Why was I here. What the hell happened. Did I wake up after a sleeping curse of a hundred years... There were so many suitors around. 

Have I transmigrated to another world...

"No way, am I dead?!" It was genuine fear. I swear. Why else then would the entire B-PRO and Eva's family be here, all in black clothes!

"You should be glad Rick saw you and some dude having a physical brawl and bonked some sense into you." Eva fed me poison. Medicine, I mean.

Right. I think he made me see things so I lashed out at him, punching him mindlessly everywhere and...then...then what? I passed out...didn't I? Due to some psychic ability he used on me. I bet he had one. It was clear from what he did, making me see things I wanted...but what was up with the detached head? Am I that into gore and horror that made me see it...? It's almost laughable how I endured the physical harm but lost in the psychic tuffle. 
That woman in my dream...the same one who appeared in every single clairvoyant dream of mine, did she help me or was she trying to show me a past event that needs to be solved like one of our previous cases? It must be the latter. 

"Hey guys, I dreamed about...about..." What...what was it. It was a clairvoyant dream for sure but why does it feel I'm erased about the dream scenario. 

Someone sneezed. And that is when I came to notice it. Everyone was quiet, as dead as my memories. They were all staring at me with varying gazes. There was no adult present, every face here expressed concern but Al's disgusted countenance gave me answers. I looked at myself, hands and clothes. My eyes twitched in confusion and terror. Why... my... my clothes were stained with blood.