19. Kidnapping A Kid Napping

{Marigold's perspective}

Ashley had left me lots of texts and I left her on read. I hope I was not too late. We had to rush to catch the bus to come to the Regis Highschool. The boys' school. The sun was on the brink to set as we hid ourselves in the bushes opposite the school.

"What do you think will happen, silly? The culprit himself will show up and have a show to get arrested or an angel's gonna descend now?" Bella looked up at me as we crouched low.

"Shh. Today's a weekend. Something's bound to happen and if it doesn't then...we can ask questions."

I whispered, checking my phone's battery percentage to see if it'll last long. Forty five percent. Well, lets hold out. I adjusted my cat-hairband on my head, tightening my ponytail to not let it become a hurdle in any kinda chase we might have to run into.

The trees canopied our presence and the sun thankfully was dissolving behind the buildings. We weren't chameleons to blend in the shrubs but the dark befriended us. Bella was barely trying to not have forty winks. Her dark textured fine bob hair rested freely on her shoulders as I played with them.

There was no watchman at the gate. Why? Because it was not school hours? Unlike our school who has watchmen even for night duties!

A crew of big boys traipsed out from the school gate. I quickly pulled my phone out and zoomed in on to their faces and captured their pictures. Bella snooped at me judgingly. Safe side, girl. Who knows. I gleamed.

Standing 6' 2" tall, I caught sight of a white skinned boy who had eerily an aloof feel about him. He seemed like the leader or the person whom the other guys listened to since their standing stance very much begged to be of like a minion.

There were four boys including the leader which gave me a feeling that they were nervous and threatened. Or maybe just under dire circumstances. They seemed to be either eleven or twelfth graders.

Bella's soft coffee colored eyes met with my chocolaty brown eyes. She had a clear no in her eyes for an enquiry now. C'mon if we don't, how else are we gonna know about anything? She seized my wrist tight. Fine. I won't. I scoffed and she gave a nod, letting go off my wrist. Ouchie, strong grip.

I, at least had to make note of the time these guys were out at and what they talked about, right? Lemme take notes then.

Bella squeaked. What, girl. Shh. The guys are gonna think we're some creeps if we get caught like this. She furrowed her brows like she wanted to puke on me. Hold up. Not here.

"Some leech-like creatures are here..."

What, ew, no. I pulled her away and we ended up exposing ourselves under the haunting streetlight. The leader kid stared at us. Um...

I hid behind Bella. She stood firm, folding her arms. I'm not scared. It was kind of like a reflex when I discovered we were gonna get reprimanded or something for lurking here. But didn't the boys come over to our school a hundred more times?

I strutted out in the open and approached the group. Bella trodded heavily behind me. Uh, you okay girl?

The big guy answered the description of Buzz Lightyear except he was human-sized and emanated hefty good boy vibes.

"Hey..." Bella tucked her side fringe behind her left ear. The minions gathered around us. Are they gonna beat us up? "...Would you happen to know someone by the name, Patrick from your school?"

My head whipped sharply to my side. Bella? Well, let's just...get along.

The human-sized toy cocked his neck at his pawns. They snickered lowly. "Well, and you're his?"