𝐢𝐯. turns out climbing walls don't completly suck!

CHAPTER FOUR ↷ TURNS OUT CLIMBING WALLS DON'T COMPLETLY SUCK!

ALORA HATED a lot of things. being made fun of, not being the best at everything, but most importantly, being ignored.

shes been trying to get annabeths attention for two days now, but the blonde keeps making stupid excuses not to hang out with her! alora thought they were making great progress. What could of had ruined that? maybe she did something? no that's impossible. she made sure before talking to her that everything was perfect! her hair, her outfit, she even made-up things to talk about so the atmosphere never got awkward! (thats a guaranteed first place in the insane awards) yet, the gray eyed girl seemed uninterested.

if it wasn't for selena, alora would of given up way earlier, maybe she wouldn't even be trying in the first place. either way, the best she could do was pray to the gods and try to gaslight them into thinking they don't completly despise her guts, so that they blessed her with a shared activity with the blonde.

the young halfblood was looking at her schedule in absolute fear. climbing wall. ahaha. how funny. there must be a mistake here. the unclaimed girl had made clear long ago that she will never go near that thing ever again.

remember how she made a list of things she hated? well, she now realised she forgot to add this activity to the list. she never complained about her schedule (at least, she tried to.) but the climbing wall was a diffrent story.

when she first came to camp, accompanied by her satyr 'savior', she was so happy. she was excited to try every activity and make some friends. (which she is still working on, shes taking it slow okay?!)

she was okay at swordfighting, alright at archery, good at racing and mediocre at canoeing, however she still hadn't tried the lava wall! her curiosity winning yet again she decided to have an 'emergency lesson' on her own.

long story short, she almost melted to death. well, to be fair, she did not expect a fucking wall to be spitting lava. she was stuck in the infirmary for two whole weeks!

after the incident, chiron decided it would be best if alora didn't come in contact with lava ever again (unless they wanted a human sacrifice).

with that in mind, it was impossible that the green eyed girl had the right schedule. knowing her luck, a hellhound might of had come in and casually snacked on it.

she had already looked all around her bed. under the pillows, in the sheets, she even checked in the cabins bathroom! yet she found nothing. feeling discouraged, alora tried to think of a happy scenario coming out of this.

thats when she felt a light bulb glowing above her head, what if this was the work of her father?! i mean, he is a god after all, even if he doesn't act like it. tampering with her schedule would be done in a simple finger snap for him. maybe he wanted her to show him how brave she truly was, not scared to phase her deepest fears and oh boy. she was not going to back out of this challenge.

'you know what this isn't so bad.' she smiled, her hands wobbly from carrying her weight. the stubborn girl then looked up to see shes extremely close to the top. she laughed out loud, however her victory was cut short by lava being thrown directly at her palm, "fuck you too, bitch." alora dodged, before continuing her little adventure (which will probably result in numerous injuries.)

making her way up she heard some muffled voices from the top.

"─brain, its not a bad feeling. it makes me feel warm and fuzzy, but thats not the problem. the problem is that it only happens when im near her!" the unknown figure whined to her supposed friend. there was silence for a moment, before the other person responded "maybe it's because of her parents power? you know, like how clarrise makes you want to punch someone in the face." the girl like voice hummed in thought, before probably shaking her head 'no'. "thats not it. from what i know, she doesn't have such effects on anyone else." she explained obviously getting flustered, the other figure was trying to glue the puzzle pieces together when they suddenly gasped. "maybe you─"

before she could hear that last part, alora finally realised why her legs felt like they were melting. the lava was just about to burn them off. the brown haired girls eyes widen, her mouth hanging open. she started cursing at everyone and everything, if chiron heard her he would probably wash her mouth with soap.

"oh my fucking gods." she exclaimed with her heart racing (tenth heart attack of the day) "lava sucks." she thought closing her eyes.

alora got up, waiting for a symbol to appear on top her head, marking her as 'claimed'. she opened one of her eyes and looked up, nothing again. "this is why mom left when she found out your real identity." she grumbled quietly.

"is that her?" the boyish voice from before asked, trying to hold in a chuckle. "shut up!" the other person whispered yelled before elbowing their friends side. "augh─" they cried out holding their side in an attempt to ease the pain.

when alora decided it would be best to actually face the people that were litterly talking about her, she was met with two familiar face, annabeth and peter! (she still doesn't know if thats actually his name, she knows not to trust mr.d with such things..)

"annie!" the green eyed camper exclaimed, holding the girls hand in her own. "alora.." the girl mumbled and tried to hide her face with her hair (which alora believed was unnecessary, annabeths face is aphrodite blessed.) "ive been trying to find a chance to talk to you for so long! we finally have the same activity." she grinned charmingly, making annabeth look away.

peter seemed really amused of the reaction, a smirk hanging on his lips. he started teasing annabeth.

alora couldn't help but feel weird on the inside, what was this feeling? anger? disgust? or maybe, jealousy. she knew the feeling all too well, seeing people around her getting claimed all the time, yet she didn't know what she was jealous of. (most definitely not his name though, who even names their child peter.)

'you little toilet water enjoyer,' she thought, 'teasing is my job' her green eyes pierced the boys figure annoyingly, yet he didn't seem to get the message.

"boys are so dumb." alora whispered, making annabeth chuckle besides her.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
word count!─
1.1k words.