𝐯. let the father hunt begin!

CHAPTER FIVE ↷ LET THE FATHER HUNT BEGIN!

ALORA KNEW a lot of things about annabeth (not in a creepy way, she swears)

ALORA KNEW a lot of things about annabeth (not in a creepy way, she swears). she knew about how smart the blonde is, about how absolutely stunning she is, even about her likes and dislikes! yet, she didnt know about her rather.. concerning hobbies.

the young girl knew everything about the gods! love life, everyday activities, friendships, rivalry and so much more! alora is convinced that annabeth has the gods 'fandom wiki ' pinned in her brain, having it memorised word from word.

to be honest, the unclaimed teen couldn't really talk. this little hobby of annabeths would be extremely useful to her father hunt! plus, the blonde had already agreed to help the brown haired girl as a "thank you for comforting me back there".

athenas daughter had already made a list with all the major gods, since she believed it would be easier than, you know. naming every deity that exists.

"first things first." the blonde exclaimed, grabbing aloras attention."let's cross out zeus, poseidon and hades. after all they can't have kids." the girl grabbed the red pen and scribbled over the names, once she was done she looked at her work proudly. "hmm," she hummed. "let's try dionysus nex─" her gray eyes looked up before she ended her sentence, finding alora looking at her face with a stupid looking smile on her face.

"hey! are you even listening?!" she questioned before looking away, her face turning pink. the─still─unclaimed camper snapped out of it, her eyes widening, "sorry princess, your face is way too beautiful not to look at." she smiled sheepishly, but hey! that was extremely smooth. (i can hear selena screaming at the background! you go girl!)

annabeth groaned, "whatever, lets just─ go to the strawberry fields." she said, grabbing aloras hand and dragging her away.

"uh, im sorry, but i don't remember signing up for a gardening class." alora laughed nervously, obviously not enjoying herself one bit

annabeth just huffed at her remark, trying to stay mad at the girl besides her, yet it was impossible! (she litterly swore it was easier on percy.) her─oh so developed─brain just refused to! the gray eyed girl decided to stop overthinking it, having more important things at hand (babysitting alora being one of them.)

"just─do earth stuff" the blonde sighed. "do i look like jesus to you?" the brown haired questioned with a raised eyebrow, looking at the soil with a concentrated look on her face. "looking at it won't do much." annabeth reminded, looking at her friend with a slight smile. "well, if you have a better idea i would love to hear it." the green eyed camper was only met with silence, seeing annabeth cross out another name from the paper.

"why are we here?" alora asked her friend quietly, looking around the room in awe. "my cabin is my safe place, helps me concentrate." annabeth explained, looking at the minimalistic decoration of the dorm, still not bored of it.

"lets talk business." she said, jumping on her bed, earning a chuckle from alora. "im all ears, sweetheart. go on." the emerald eyed smirked.

annabeth opened her mouth,probably to complain about the nickname she was given, but she quickly stopped herself, a very small grin on her face and just continued her "smart monologue", as alora likes to call it.

"lets see," she started, "are you good at stealing?" she questioned, pointing her pen at "hermes". the girl pretended to be deep in thought (actress of the year goes to─), before looking right at annabeths stormy eyes. "i mean, have i stolen your heart yet, sweetie?" she moved herself closer to annabeths face, smirking.

"then,i guess hermes is not who were looking for." the blonde replied, crossing out hermes name.

"hey! give more credit to my flirting!" she complained.

"even naiads flirt better than you, alora." she laughed, making a mental note that teasing her brown haired friend is way more entertaining than teasing percy.

"this is our last destination!" annabeth cheered. "the archery ring?" questioned the demigod besides her, confusion laced in her voice. "i mean, if you're an apollo kid you will definitely be good with a bow." athenas daughter explained, before throwing a bow and arrow at alora.

"whoa─" she shrieked as she caught it.

"well then, go on. what are you waiting for?" she demanded, making alora sweat nervously.

the emerald eyed girl raised her bow, her hands trembling. 'this was not part of the plan.' she thought, 'what if i mess up?! this is so embarassing. shes going to think im stupid!' she cried to herself, her mind already making up the worst scenarios.

she was put out of her trance when she felt soft hands repositioning her. "look, your hand is supposed to be higher up. and your right leg a little closer to your left." annabeth whispered in her ear, in an attempt to calm her friend down. alora did exactly as she was told and decided to─try to─stop overthinking. she aimed at the target and closed one of her eyes, letting go of the stretched string,

"bull's-eye!" the girls screamed, cheering to themselves as they finally found something aloras good at.

the girk in question ran to annabeth and gave her a tight hug, "thank you for the advice, darling!" she beamed. "i'll go practice now! thank you for everything!" she kissed the blondes cheek before running away.

the gray eyed camper was left speechless, her face cosplaying the fifty shades of red (and pink!).

she was put out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "seaweed brain? whats up?" she asked, her voice cracking from the previous incident. "i think i should be the one questioning that, whats up with you? why do you look so red? is it that alora girl again?" he teased. "shut up! shes just a friend!" she insisted. "whatever you say annie, just please tell me when you two are together. don't want to ruin your little date." he giggled as he ran away, knowing annabeth will get her revenge sooner or later.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
word count!─
1.03k words.