An Average Shopping Trip

"You know I've never really thought about this until now, but why do we live in the middle of nowhere?" "It takes an hour to get to the city" I say dramatically. "Because, if we were to live closer, people might notice us." Idc responds, scrolling through tiktok I assume. "And, on the bright side, nobody knows where we live, hell nobody even knows theirs a house out here." Cdc adds on. I roll my eyes and turn on my phone putting on a political podcast.

    "Ben, we're here." Cdc says. I take out my earphones and open the car door. "Seriously, Walmart, are we that poor?" Idc says putting her phone in her bag. Cdc just rolls his eyes. I grab a mine shopping cart, trying to help out, knowing we'll need more than one. "Hey Ben, watch this." Cdc says. I hear a slight "oh no" from Idc. He points to the automated doors and goes "Open." as if he was in a Disney fantasy movie. Idc rolls her eyes with a "Jesus." coming after. "Remember, I am Cody and she is Isabella when i'm public." Cdc or Cody says. "Ok Cody." I say in a mocking tone. "Just come on you two losers." Idc says as she walks into the store.

"We aren't here for clothes, Isa." Cdc says, walking past the clothing aisle. "Did I fucking say we were getting clothes?!" Idc responds before blowing a bubble with her gum. I laughed. I've always enjoyed having front row seating to watch the government family fight. "You were eyeing them Isa, I had the right to assume." Cdc fights back. The fighting drowns out as I notice someone in the distance. Was that the kid he ran into during school? The chances are low, but never zero. "BEN! Jesus come on." Idc says.

    "This...is a lot of stuff." The cashier says as he looks at our carts. "20 different things of beer?!" Another cashier says looking at my cart. "Why does the kid have the beer cart?" Another one asks. I see Cdc whispered to Idc something clearly funny, as you can see by the way Idc puts her hand in front of her mouth. After what felt like forever we finally started heading back to the statehouse.