Finding Montgomery

Carmine Giordano

We are still in London and it is terrible. The weather is cold, the city is so busy and no one seemed to care who I am, or know me. I was not use to this. Palermo, Rome, Milan hell, even in half the other countries I work in the people know me, but London. I think I've come here a total of three times so it could be my fault, but it's getting on my nerves. Eden had saved me from more irritation by telling me this morning we wouldn't spend our day eating at restaurants that didn't know me and drinking shit wine. Today we will be driving up to Oxford to visit some of her old professors. Unannounced of course.

Eden was dressed in her best. She wore a tight fitted dress, the square neckline drawing all the attention to her perfectly rounded boobs which were pushed up and dripping in diamonds from the beautiful necklace I had bought her two Christmas's ago. I've never seen her wear it but I hope one day I'll see her in only the necklace. If she didn't look expensive enough, a thick fur coat, black as night and lined with silk rests over her shoulders, a silk scarf covering her beautifully curled hair and a pair of sleek Manolo Blahnik shoes on her feet. The all black attire made her look undeniably dangerous and very, very mod wife-esque.

"I don't understand why you didn't let me drive." I'd been kicked to the passenger seat before the car even came into view. Eden didn't bother to listen to my arguing, just dropped herself in the driver seat and started the car.

"You've never driven on this side of the road, and you are a terrible driver that's why you have drivers."

"I feel like a child."
"Call me mommy then." This woman. So quick and never flattering. She certainly keeps me on my toes.

"If you give me the chance." Little does she know I can play the same game. I let my hand drift to her leg. My fingers ran over the pantyhose she wore under her dress. So soft but nothing compared to her skin. I'd give anything to pull her into the back seat and put our little trip on pause. Just one kiss we shared and I'm hooked like an addict. I'd say it could be worse, but she far more addicting that anything I've put in my body.

"You're incorrigible. We are almost there anyways, keep it together will you."

"With you, impossible."

I left my hand there the rest of the drive. I tried to sneak my way up but every time I hit the hem of her dress I got a nasty look that had me smiling like a boy. God, Eden is truly amazing. Even in this terrible place she is still the only thing I can think about. I wonder if she knows that one kiss meant she'll never kiss another man again.

Finally we pulled onto the campus and Eden navigated it easily. The car stopped in a small lot, an attendant waiting at the door.

"Ma'am this is for staff only." Eden didn't stop to speak with him. I rushed forward to get the door for her since the man obviously wouldn't be doing it.

"Anyone asks, tell them Eden King is visiting. I don't think it will be a problem." I rushed in after her, following up the grand staircase. Oxford is truly a beautiful campus, it makes me want to redecorate. It probably doesn't help that Eden looks so stunning here. Regal and grand, powerful even. The Queen of England has nothing on her. She is expensive and ostentatious in the best way possible.

Students could be seen through the glass on the door. A lecture going on with a man that looks ready to drop dead leading it. It's always the old ones that know too much. Once again Eden didn't wait, she pulled open the door, her heels clicking against the stone floor, drawing all the attention to her. I just lingered.