(8) Envy

Art credit to: @/chirin_icecream on twt! <3

• Hurt+Comfort
• Gn!reader
• Highschool AU
• Nameless Bard is named 'Cecil'
• Nameless Bard and Venti Twins AU
• Him and NB's surname is 'Dei'

(AN: tbh this is my personal favorite chapter, I also came up with the name 'Cecil' for NB because of the Cecilia flower both him and Venti wore as an accessory, Edit: TY FOR 900 READS!! and 40 votes <3 ily y'all)

Summary:
Venti being jealous with his twin brother Cecil

°※✿========✿※°឵

Venti has never experienced these unfathomable feelings full of vexation, it caused him to act differently from how he usually does. He couldn't understand it properly even if he tried, and it was eating him up inside everytime he witnesses you with someone else, especially when you have that heart-wrenching mindset where you believe you'll get replaced due to how much better the person they're hanging out with compared to you.

He wants to stop it. He doesn't want these cruel feelings anymore, but it just won't disappear.

It happened again the moment you walked into the classroom and conversed with his twin brother about an upcoming hangout for the both of you. "Hey Cecil! How about at a café later? But if you're not comfortable with going out, we can always study at the library instead." You asked his twin brother, "I don't mind! We can go there." he replied.

During it, he acknowledges you smiling of joy. The endearing smile that he's been captivated by all over again, yet it's been given towards his brother as he sat down on his seat looking from afar with nothing but a black-hole in his chest. He long awaited for school to already dismiss, sighing.

He was looking at them with pure jealousy, never in his life thought that he'd ever develop a strong tension between the two of them until now, he knows Cecil isn't intentionally doing it but why is he still feeling glum? This question leaves him pondering.

Lost in his train of thoughts, causing him to not immediately notice you going to his direction right after having a discussion with Cecil. You both locked eyes and formed eye contact, Venti turned his head somewhere else as a reflex, in hopes that you didn't see him staring. "Venti! Want to come with us later?" You invited delightfully, it always fascinated him how much the sound of your voice softens his emotions. Yet it still won't go away.

He clenches his jaw and chuckles awkwardly, "O-Oh uhm.. I have something to do in the club room later, maybe next time I guess..." He declined with a lie, along with a sense of remorse deep inside that he rejected his best friend's offer. He didn't want to be in the same room as them, considering he already does at school and it leaves him devastated.

"Eh... Why didn't you say so! We could have changed the plan so that you can join us," You proclaimed, a small frown on your face it goes unnoticed by Venti. You sense the dark atmosphere he's giving off compared to the other days. He scratches his neck with a slight smile as he apologizes, "Ahaha... Sorry, I promise I'll join next time!" You pouted, "You better keep your promise!"

Time slowly flies by and lessons were taught, he couldn't concentrate well and felt heavily apprehensive about getting replaced during the first two classes by himself. A teacher soon caught him in the act, "Venti Dei! For the third time! Are you even listening to my class? Please answer the math equation on the board."

The teacher called, in result of having to answer a question he didn't know of due to his amalgamation of troubled and perturbed mixed thoughts when lectures commenced. He got scolded after admitting to his wrongdoings and classmates behind were talking about him behind his back. "Just what I thought... Next time you don't want to listen in my class, just leave." The teacher scolded him, crossing their arms in annoyance. "Sorry..." He replied looking down in the floor, normally he would feel embarrassed at this situation but by far, he didn't seem to care anymore.