Eternal Longevity

•Angst!
•GN reader!
•Venti Lore Inspired
•3rd person POV

Warning: gore, mention of blood, bloody war, slaughter, depression, dead bodies

°※✿========✿※°

Centuries had passed since that tragic day occurred, his lover was in his arms, bleeding to death. It seemed like yesterday when he thought back on it. It was the last outcome he wanted to happen during that time... But we can't perceive the future and the fate on oneself.

He could remember that moment when the love of his life was gone, the clouds were all dark and grey, as if this event stripped his world of all color and reduced it to monochrome. There was blood that smelled like iron, which stained his clothes with crimson. Several corpses surrounded the couple, but he didn't care. All he wanted was to carry his lover's lifeless body while wishing for this nightmare to end.

He was fighting alongside his lover, engaged in a war for freedom and justice. During so, his lover themselves grasped the sudden attack from their foe, a sharp pointed sword was pierced right through their chest in an attempt to save him.

Venti was in rage upon witnessing this, and didn't hesitate to end the life of the attacker while tears were shed from his emerald green eyes like raindrops. There he stood, alone in the battlefield full of dead bodies, crying his eyes out until they draw their last breath. His arms were wrapped around them tightly as he begged through his weeping, desperate for them to stay alive.

His lover's hand gently caressed his soft supple cheek, paired along with that endearing and beautiful smile he couldn't fail to forget. Their last words were forever ingrained in his memories; and he awaits for it, awaits for them to fulfill it...

"I'll... come back to you..." Are their last words that served as his only source of motivation to keep going and continue living his life. Those five simple words that still lingered in his heart. He had never been this patient before, but he'll do so just for his love to come back.

After his loss, his life became miserable as he grieved over the fact that he lost the only light in his being; Not only that, he lost the only person he held so dear to him, and he lost the only person who gave him the true meaning of happiness. Even though he was depressed, their last words kept him together. His only hope and motivation to move forward in spite of how much sorrow he endured whilst doing so. He would wait for years, even centuries for them...

In the present time, Venti would always try to cope up with booze. He has been drinking his heart out in order to block out the pain and suffering he keeps experiencing; he even started to lose patience, and as these days continued to go on, he slowly begun to lose hope. He felt so lonely despite having friends he spends quality time with; he was unable to fill the void in his heart, the missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle, that one missing piece that cause him loneliness due to its absence.

Yet he never gave in, he never gave in to these kind of cruel emotions that burden him. He knows that his lover would never break a promise, and he still has this strong desire to keep on waiting for them. His genuine loyalty toward them will never waver, despite the complicated situation he had encountered beforehand and the growing feeling of hopelessness.

He would keep on waiting, even if it meant waiting another decade or millennium of years that would come, or perhaps far longer than the concept of time. And by the end, it all would have been worth it... There's nothing else more worth than having to reunite with someone who's so dear and loving to him once more. The void in his heart will be filled up again once the missing piece of the puzzle is added, completing the entire picture.

His eyes never deceive him, the same smile on the same face he's always fond of is right in front of him. The wait is worth it than ever...

-------------------------
A/N
Hi I'm alive yes... Sorry I just had a months worth writer block and somehow lost my motivation along the way (Also kind a busy with Uni :sob:) but im back now! With sum angst- JAHSAHD