00:00

“It's almost zero o'clock, new year is going to begin soon” Taehyung said.

And Jungkooks eye's sparked, he smiled so warmly that it could melt thousands of ices at the same time.

Fireworks started firing, splashing the whole sky with beautiful colors.

“You know, people say if you kiss someone during New Year's Eve you get to spend the rest of the year with them” Taehyung said, as if he's telling a story.

“Oh, is that so?” Jungkook brought his hand to cover his mouth, dramatically gasping as he pretended to act surprised.

Taehyung innocently nodded, a naughty smirk playing on the corner of his lips.

And when the main firework exploded, and the entire city got filled with the greeting of 'happy new year’, to Taehyungs surprise, Jungkook didn't waste a second and closed the gap between them. Taehyung was stilled for a split seconds, surprised and little shocked. But he didn't waste any more time, either, and kissed back with the exact same amount of enthusiasm.

The kiss was soft and tender, they didn't rush even a bit. The slow pace felt perfect for it, for the moment, for them.

It wasn't any of their first kiss, but it was /their/ first kiss.

It felt like cotton candy touching their lips and softly melting, leaving it's sweet taste afterwards.

The kiss left them with thousands of butterflies in side their tummies. Electrified their bodies and made fireworks explode inside their hearts as well.

It left them wanting more, with a desire of doing it again and again. Perhaps not now, but in the upcoming vast future.

Very much unwantedly when their lips part from each others, grasping for some oxygen, they don't bother to break out from each other's holds. Taehyungs arms still behind Jungkooks nap idly resting there. One of Jungkooks hand holding Taehyungs cheeks, other clasping on Taehyungs hoodie.

They rest their foreheads together, finally opening the eyes.

Jungkooks eyes lit up brighter than ever, and Taehyung could swear he has never seen such beautiful eyes, he has never seen a whole galaxy shining in someone's eyes. He could definitely swear, asking out the stranger wearing cooky pajama set and big square glasses with disheveled hair was one of the right decisions he had taken in instance.

As for Jungkook, when the other smiled at him shyly and filled with adoration, he felt this newly found ecstasy he has never felt before. Maybe wanting to shout at his neighbor for noise pollution was one of the best decisions of his life as well.

And when they started their new year with the sweetest kiss, holding hands and witnessing the beautiful golden dawn together, they knew pretty well that it's just the beginning of their new journey and it's going to last pretty long, perhaps forever.

•••••••••the end•••••••••

(A/n- hello everyone, i hope you guys enjoyed this little fluffy fic of mine. I really enjoyed writing it. The fic was actually a drabble but I divided this into small chapters so that you guys can understand the situations better. I hope it wasn't troublesome. Sending lots of love to whoever is reading this🤍)