Chapter 12:Sight of Future

That voice...!

"Welcome to the sight of your future!" The Imminent Doom said.

This dream is my future..? I haven't seen this place from before. Is the Imminent Doom this omnipotent to even show my future?

"Are you.... This powerful..?" I asked as my voice trembles in fear.

"Perhaps..?" It responded blankly.

"What can you gain from showing me my future?" I asked with a furious tone in my voice.

"I am not the only one you will encounter, i'll give this knowledge; as a handicap. I am not the bad guy here, i was merely a creation of a child's suffering." It replied.

"But the method you use to take the children! Their lives to grow strong! And surpass their abusive parents! Their future!" I shouted in rage.

Yet the Imminent Doom simply looks calm as a wind.

"It isn't my fault it is the way it is by now. I was created to be like this, and is destined to be defeated by the miracle users of upcoming generations." It replied.

It's reply was genuine, was it this Imminent Doom a misguided hero?

"Then why do you have to go into the lenghts of fighting Seraphine.. and imprison the children's soul until their death?" I asked benigningly

"I want to atleast give the children i capture a ray of hope. Seraphine and her friends are new, yet they are captivating. Those i take is still alive, sleeping eternally. Only when Seraphine's powers to defeat me to set them free."

What is his purpose in doing so?

"To summarize this.. you were created to harbor the souls of children, and only miracle users can defeat you?" I asked.

"Yes, it is againts my will to defy what was given to me. Thus, i only await until the miracle users will defeat me." It replied with a saddened tone.

"What could you possibly gain from telling me this? Have you told this to Seraphine and others?" I asked as i raised my left brow.

"No, i know for a fact that you aren't from around here. The Miracle that was given to you is a curse, but also a blessing. As you die peacefully you'll be reincarnated in a different world." It replied.

The Imminent Doom.. is he... Really helping?

"I presume your antagonistic behavior is only but a ruse?" I asked.

"Yes.. I want to give them their motivation to push further on becoming powerful." It replied.

"Just to let you know.. even if you are friendly to me, i would't still condone what you did to the children.. if Seraphine and us didn't defeat you their lives will be forever ingrained until their death." I replied as i glared to the Imminent Doom.

"As a promise, i shall give you a present. Though you lack the abilities to defend thy self, i shall give you a sword that you can call to whenever you need."

The Imminent Doom open it's hand to a red and silver sword. It phased through my body. I cant help but to feel uneasy.

"No hidden contracts?"

"No hidden contracts whatsoever." It replied.

"There is one thing to tell before we shall go to your future.. it is that, some might be vague. The future is a mystery, you'll only get but a gist of it." The Imminent Doom said as we triverse through the hole.

As i opened my eyes, i was greeted by a woman that i can't not see the face of. It was blurry, and dark. It's like she doesn't have a face at all. Her voice isn't familiar, but it has a warm and comforting tone in her voice that swirls heavenly to my ears.

"Time for you to go to your work!" She said with a enthusiastic voice.

She held my cheeks with her right hand as she tilts her head in her side.

"Are you perhaps sick?" She voiced her worries.

I am frozen to the things that is happening in this vision, this future. Who is this woman infront of me? And why is she close to me like we're a couple? Her clothes look like what a wife would wear.

"Papa!"

I heard a voice from afar. It was tiny and high pitched, i look at my left to see a girl with her arms wrapped tightly at her teddybear. Unlike the woman infront of me, i could see her face and everything.

She has a ashen mixed with a black hair in her strands, and an eyes of an amethyst.

She called me Papa earlier.. what is this..? Is this where i settled? Where everything is alright?

Before i could even fathom what is happening in this future sight. I heard a gunshot from afar, as i look back to the woman infront of me, there was a massive hole in her chest. A large blow into her heart.

I could hear the muffled scream of the child, as i was shot into the head by this mysterious person. A young man with such malice in his face...

----

I woke up to a different future. It was bloody, i could puke anytime. The sight of where i was transported to, give me the feeling of weak knees. From the ground, i see Seraphine lifeless with a large scythe in her abdomen, Valine with her left arm missing and Celine....

Celine's flowing ashen hair shines bright as her dismembered head; turned as a flag. A trophy of this mysterious killer.

My hands were shaking. I am hyperventilating, and weak. I kneeled in disbelief as i grasp Seraphine's hand and Valine's only remaining hand.

It was then when i heard a gunshot from afar, then.. my vision went blurry. It seems that i was shot.. the sight of this future doesn't make me feel it.

----

I was back in the school again, but it was different. It was night and silent. The sound of the critters are knowhere to be heard. I heard a russle from the grass, i peak into it to see the same man from those sight.

Dismembering a woman i do not know, her face is also dark and blurry. I couldn't see who they are..

the man chopped off her legs, up into the bottom of her head. As i looked upon this, i wondered on to why i didn't even interferred. Was it i was a coward? Frozen to the sight of someone. I tried to walk into the area.

But was pulled out of my sight of the future.

----

"Those three are your possible futures. It is very grim and dark." The Imminent Doom said.

"What.........."

I am frozen and traumatized from the things that i have seen from the future. That means that it will happened sooner or later. Especially the last one.

"The closest present of the future is your last sight. Be aware of your surroundings and don't let the future be the same." The Imminent Doom said.

Still frozen.. i look upon Imminent Doom with fear in my eyes.

"You will change the future Vaughn.. you will." The Imminent Doom said as it patted my shoulders.

"There is more one thing about this Vaughn.. you couldn't tell that you have foreseen the future, you will suffer the consequences.." the Imminent doom said as he flicked his hands.

----

I wake up to the sound of the birds singing, and the operatic music of my mother from afar.

"I'm...... Awake.."

-TO BE CONTINUED-