Cyno's Summons Chap.20

Cyno was walking up the steps to the palace, and upon seeing him pass by each guard bowed respectfully, upon receiving the summons Cyno found himself concerned about the urgency of this meeting and he didn't waste time coming to the palace, Cyno reached the final step as the guards parted open the entrance doors to the palace and he headed inside, clad In his usual General garb he walked down the long hallway and made a right, going to the throne room

Inside King Xavier sat on his throne, and the members of the council were all speaking over each other while your father was growing Irritated at the noise, just then one of the guards announced Cyno's entry and the room went quiet as he walked inside

Cyno walked to the steps and he bowed, "Father-In-law"

"Rise Cyno"

Cyno stood up before he went to stand aside, just as the council members started talking again and Cyno noticed the air In the room was intense, but then your Father raised his hand which brought their arguing to a hush and they all turned to face him 

your father let out a sigh, "Enough, let's begin the meeting at once"

he then gestured to the servant who brought forth a piece of parchment, handing It over to Cyno who started reading and his eyes widened In shock at what It said 

he then clenched his fist, "How dare she"

King Xavier stood up, "the Kingdom of Snezhnaya's Queen has declared war on us"

the council members looked to each other with shock, before Nilou's father spoke up 

his blue eyes quivered, "Your Majesty, this is..."

"I know what you wish to say, but they have long been at odds against us and their Queen has her mind set"

Cyno turned to King Xavier, "Father-In-law, May I please say that the new recruits for the royal army aren't yet ready to face battle"

"I know that, but this is a life-or-death situation for us all you know the kingdom of Snezhnaya is powerful and more so then we are, so preparations must begin Immediately for War"

Councilor # 1 "Your Majesty the Kingdom must be secured and the Royal armies well prepared"

your father went to sit back down, "Yes and I will have a public announcement made this evening across the kingdom, I'll leave Lord Rohan to see to all the weapons and rations for the army"

Rohan bowed his head, "yes your Majesty"

"And worry not I believe that we may be able to triumph, Prince Cyno, General Mahamatra will you lead the army of Sumeru"

Cyno got onto one knee, "Yes"

King Xavier let out a sigh, "I am relieved, then I shall leave everything regarding the royal army in your hands from now on"

 "I won't let you down"

the others in the room started to whisper, and In Cyno's mind he was already thinking about strategy to win, but he was also thinking about you and how you'd react to this news, he promised to tell you In the best way possible when he returned home later on

Cyno then came back from his thoughts, "Father-In-law, is there an estimate on when they'll reach the border"

"In two weeks, and the army of Snezhnaya will be headed by Prince Ajax as well as their general Pierro"

Cyno nodded, "I see, I'll leave to go address the army at once"

your father nodded in approval, and Cyno bowed one more time before he started out of the throne room with many things on his mind, and he Immediately sent an order to gather the royal armies on the training grounds be they new or had experience, and he told them of the coming battle that they'd be facing to fight for this kingdom, though he disliked speaking In manners that were of public type he poured his heart Into his speech, and It made the soldiers get pumped up for the impending battle, In which Cyno took up responsibility of their lives and the lives of those In Sumeru Kingdom he promised that no one would die, and when It was all said and done he'd return to you and to the Kingdom victorious. 

Shortly after Cyno returned back home to the mansion he looked for you, and found you were napping In the bedroom, It was hard for him to think of how to start this talk but he quietly entered and walked to the bedside, sitting down at your side as he reached to lightly wake you up, and he whispered to you "My Love, I'm home"

you heard his voice, and you started to rouse "hm? Dear?"

Cyno smiled with a nod, "Sorry to disturb you"

you opened your eyes fully, and a smile came to your face as he came into your sight, you sat up

"Welcome home,"

you shared a kiss, and you hugged him back but felt that he was tense 

you started, "your tense, did something happen?"

Cyno parted from you a little, "Yes, My love there's something I have to tell you...the Kingdom of Snezhnaya declared war on us"

you silently gasped, "What"

Cyno sighed, "It's true, they'll be reaching our borders in two weeks time so I have to quickly prepare the royal armies for battle, I'll be leading them"

you touched his shoulder, starting to tear up "Cyno"

"I know It's a scary situation but don't be afraid, I won't let harm come to anyone In this kingdom so long as I'm here, I'm feeling a bit worried myself but I know we'll be able to win and I promise...I'll return to you"

you nodded at what he said, and he kissed your forehead before you embraced again.