Chapter 4 - Berhert

"Look at this!" Gamora shouts. "Where is the other half of our ship?!" "My ship," Peter quietly adds. Gamora ignores him and gets back to it. "Either one of you could have gotten us through that field had you flown with what's between your ears instead of what's between your legs!"
"If what's between my legs had a hand on it, I guarantee I could have landed this ship with it," Peter tells us. "Don't act like you're not partly responsible for this," He raises his eyebrows at me, surprised I'm taking Gamora's side.

"More like because he stole the Anulax batteries!" he defends, pointing to Rocket. "They're called Harbulary batteries," Drax tells him. "No, they're not!" Peter exclaims, letting out an exasperated chuckle. "Do you know why I did it Star-Munch? Hmm?" Rocket says. "I'm not gonna answer to 'Star-Munch'," Peter says. "I did it because I wanted to!" Rocket declares. "Oh, good, he did it because he wanted to! Good thing he told us. You really changed my view of you," I sarcastically praise.

"What are we even talking about this for?" he questions. "We just had a little man save us by blowing up fifty ships!" "How little?" asks Drax. "Well, I don't know, like this?" Rocket brings his thumb and index finger close together to simulate how small the man was. "A little one-inch man saved us?" Gamora questions, her hands on her hips. "Well, if he got closer, I'm sure he would be much larger," Rocket says.

"That's how eyesight works, you stupid raccoon," Peter insults. "Don't call me a raccoon!" Rocket quickly yells. Peter softens his tone. "I'm sorry. I took it too far. I meant trash panda." Oh my god... 

Rocket looks around at us, confused. "Is that better?" he asks. "I don't know," Drax replies. "It's worse. It's so much worse," Peter smiles. "YOU SON OF A..." Rocket pounces toward him, but I catch him mid-air by his shirt collar. "Easy, easy!" I exclaim, trying to keep my grip on him as he thrashes around. "I'm only gonna let you go if you stop acting like an animal!" "No! He deserves some of me! Just look at him!" I look at Peter, and he's giving Rocket a smug smile. I glare at him. "You're not helping."

The fighting stops as soon as it starts, and the seven of us form a circle, looking up at the egg-shaped ship we saw earlier. I let go of Rocket and put him down on the ground. We all take out our weapons, prepared for danger.
"Set me free. You'll need my help," Nebula says. "I'm not a fool, Nebula," Gamora refuses. "You are a fool if you deprive yourself a hand in combat," Nebula pushes. Gamora's not budging on this. "You'll attack me the moment I let you go." "No, I won't," she states. An obvious bluff that anyone could see through. "You'd think an evil supervillain would learn how to properly lie," Peter adds. "I bet it's the one-inch man," Drax guesses, getting excited. "It's the same ship," I mumble.

The ship slowly lowers itself onto the ground. I don't recognize any particular type of technology this ship could be made of...
The yellow center of the ship dissolves and reveals a man and a woman. The man has grey hair and a grey beard. The woman has black eyes, black hair, and antennae on her forehead. One looks human-like. The other doesn't.

"After all these years, I've found you," the man beams. I don't know who this is directed to, but I'm still confused as all hell. "And who the hell are you?" Peter demands. "I figured my rugged good looks would make that obvious. My name is Ego..." He takes a small pause to let it sink in. "And I'm your dad, Peter," he tells him.

What the fuck?

----

"I hired Yondu to pick you up when your mother passed away," Ego explains over a campfire and some dinner. "But instead of returning you, Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why." Peter looks at his father, whom he has never met before.
"Well, I'll tell you why. Because I was a skinny little kid who would squeeze into places adults couldn't. It made it easier for thieving," he quickly tells him. "Well, I've been trying to track you down ever since," Ego assures.

"I thought Yondu was your father," Drax questions Peter. He turns to Drax. "What? We've been together this whole time, and you thought Yondu was my actual blood relative?" Drax takes a spoonful of food and says, "You look exactly alike." "One's blue!" Rocket argues. Drax motions to Peter, awaiting an answer.

"No, he's not my father!" Peter says, surprised he has to even confirm this to anyone. "Yondu was the guy who abducted us, kicked the crap out of us so we could learn to fight, and kept us in terror by threatening to eat us," he explains, referring to himself and me. That's not even our full story, either. "Eat you?" Ego echoes. "Yeah," Peter confirms as I nod. "Oh, that son of a bitch," Ego groans. "What, did you think Yondu was Y/N's father, too?" Peter questions Drax.
"No. The two of you look nothing alike," Drax states. I look up at Peter. "Yeah, and you and Yondu are basically identical," I tease before taking a bite of my food.

"How'd you locate us now?" Gamora questions, changing the subject. Ego looks at her and says, "Well, even where I reside, out past the edge of what's known, we've heard tell about the man they call Star-Lord." Peter grins and straightens his posture, prideful.

Ego stands up from his seat. "What say we head out there right now? Your associates are welcome. Even that triangle-faced monkey there." He points to Rocket, who scowls at him, then feels at his face to judge if it's really that triangle-shaped.
"I promise you... it's unlike any other place you've ever seen." He turns toward his supposed son. "And there... I can explain your very special heritage. Finally get to be the father I've always wanted to be." Peter looks at him and nods softly. Ego pauses, looking down at his son with sincere-looking eyes.

"Excuse me," he says. "I've gotta take a whiz." He walks away to the other side of us.

Peter nods and gives me a look. "I'm not buying it," he whispers to me. "Let's go for a walk?" I suggest. I stand up, and he follows me into the woods.

Once we're far away enough from the group, I voice my opinion. "I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't trust him, but... I think he could be your dad." "Give me a break," Peter scoffs. "After all this time, you're just gonna show up, and all of a sudden, you wanna be my dad?" I nod my head in agreement. "That's true..."
"And by the way, this could be a trap. Okay? The Kree purists, the Ravagers, they all want us dead," he adds. "And now the Sovereign... but..." I tell him. I move closer to him. "But what?" He places his hands on his hips.

"Remember your story about David Hasselhoff?" "Of course, I remember it," he says, rolling his eyes. "Right. You had a picture of him in your pocket and told the other kids that he was your dad, and he was out of town." "Shooting Knight Rider or touring with his band in Germany," he finishes. "I told you that when we were kids. Why are you bringing that up now?"

"I love that story," I tell him. "I hate that story. It's so sad," he shoots back. "As a kid, I used to see all the other kids off playing catch with their dad. And I wanted that more than anything in the world." I take his hands in mine. "That's why I love that story. Because I felt the same way when all the kids were with their moms... I never had that-- I didn't have a mom."

He nods his head, looking at me in my E/C eyes. "And I want you to have something like this, Peter," I declare. "And... if he's a bad guy, we'll just kill him. Plain and simple."

"How come you're always so right about things?" he asks. "I'm older than you," I quip. "By a year, that's not much of a difference," he chuckles, moving his lips close to mine.
I close the gap between us and kiss him. I pull away, but he pulls me back in for more, pulling my body into his by my waist. I glide my hands up to rest on his shoulders. He moves his lips to my jawline, tenderly kissing down my neck. I gasp softly. "Peter," I playfully warn. "You sure we can have a quickie in the woods?"

He hums before pulling back. "Well, you're the one who said we'd 'talk' in private earlier," he says, then raises his eyebrows at me as if to say "I'm right." I roll my eyes with a grin.
"Just come here," I tell him. With my permission, he crashes his lips into mine. Our lips move in sync with one another as he pushes me up against a nearby tree.

Maybe... Just maybe. Peter can finally have what he's been missing all his life. Even if I'll never have it, I want him to have it.

(A/N: Hi! Sorry for not updating in like 50 years. I have a lot of stuff going on. I promise I will try to finish this story by the end of this month. Thank you so much for your support.)