∙ ୨୧ words left unsaid : 04 !¡

◢◤◢◤◢◤ NOTICE !
This chapter introduces my original character, Sunneva Aika, as a side character. She does not belong to hoyoverse.

◢◤◢◤◢◤ YOUR POV !

Even from the second floor, you heard the music loud and clear. Unsurprisingly, Thoma made for a good DJ. Laid out like a crucifix, she ready for religion. You recognized the song, just not enough to know the name.

However, the upstairs was mostly empty, aside from a line outside the bathroom door with a very annoyed Shinobu telling Itto to hurry up, referring to him as The Inconvenience.

You turned the corner, still searching for Kazuha. Time all but came to a halt with your pounding heart.

Ahead of you, two silhouettes of people just talking. And talking. Gravitating closer to one another and illuminated by the blue light. You recognized one of them... both of them. Kazuha.

And Aika?

You attended school with Sunneva Aika all of your life, though different social circles led to minimal interaction. You had no idea she was so close to Kazuha, you wanted to be her friend at some point. So close to Kazuha. Close enough, his lips were on hers. Oh.

Okay.

You stood there, paralyzed in your own shame. He pulled away. Aika smiled. Her sweet little traitorous smile. Archons, how could you blame her? How could you blame him? You wanted to, you wanted to pin all of this on them. Your heart shattering into a million pieces, your devastating fall from above the clouds. She said something you couldn't hear and he kissed her again. Damn it. Fucking damn it.

Tears. Tears were definitely forming now. You turned before they saw you and went to find Ayaka, wish her a happy birthday and take your leave. It all happened in slow motion, as if time itself trudged through muddy water to make you endure this as long as possible.

Someone in the distance asked if you were okay. They said your name. They wanted your attention but you couldn't give it. You couldn't give anything right now. All because of one stupid, innocent crush you tried to see to fruition, one Yoimiya had tried to convince you was reciprocated.

"Hey, hey Ayaka." You got her attention. "I'm gonna go, happy birthday."

"Ah, alright. Are you— Ayato! You're here! See you soon, Y/N."

She faded away into the crowd, in that same instance you saw what she did. Kamisato Ayato. You wouldn't judge her for going to him immediately. You just turned and left. Forced your way to your backpack and through the front door.

"It's fucking raining?" You looked at the sky, because why wouldn't it be.

You walked to the end of their long driveway paxked with cars, then a little more before you pulled out your phone. Anyone you knew could take you... anywhere would be inside, having the time of their lives. Raindrops fell onto a screen with a one percent battery alert flashing. Charger.

A charger. That's what you had forgotten to pack in your frenzy yesterday. You stared at your blank phone screen and screamed until your lungs were raw.

Except you didn't, you couldn't, you could barely breathe, much less scream into the void closing in all around you.

"Y/N?" A voice came from behind you.