∙ ୨୧ unknown numbers : 10 !¡

◢◤◢◤◢◤ YOUR POV !

"Wait."

You stopped. You were certain Scaramouche would continue his questioning, reminding you, making sure you knew how far in the wrong you were. Everything you deserved to hear for what you did. Admittedly, even you didn't know why you were here. The sight of Scaramouche made you nervous now. Archons, what did he think of you now? You couldn't imagine anything positive.

"Come inside."

Oh. He had stepped aside. Part of you didn't want to go inside. Instead, you wanted to go as far away as you could. But where would that even be?

You went in.

"I'm sorry." You said. It was the only thing you could think to say, everything else was an excuse.

"Why?" He asked, so casually, so unbothered. As if it was a different Scaramouche from the one no more than five minutes ago. He got a glass of water and leaned against the kitchen counter.

Why what? Your apology? Why you were here? Why you had been avoiding his messages? Because my dad is upset. Because I don't know what to do. You chose the safest version to answer, "Because you're right."

"About?" He didn't even look at you.

You couldn't blame him. "I'm an asshole. For not answering you and showing up in the middle of the night. I'm sorry."

There was a faint amount of noise in the darkness. You wanted to ask about turning on the lights, but in the next moment, the lights were on. Scaramouche stood close. Neither of you said anything and you couldn't bring yourself to meet his eyes, but he only looked at you. "Hm. Okay." He paused, "Running from your problems won't do you any good, though."

◢◤◢◤◢◤ SCARAMOUCHE POV !

Scaramouche considered telling Childe he wouldn't let him in, but he just typed ok

Scaramouche considered telling Childe he wouldn't let him in, but he just typed ok. "Tartaglia's on his way."

"Oh— do you want me to...?" Y/N gestured to the door.

"I don't care."

"Are you sure?"

"I'd tell you if I wasn't." A car door slammed closed outside. Scaramouche opened the door, "I hope he gets arrested for speeding."

Childe waved from his car, Scaramouche only stepped to the side as Tartaglia came in with his backpack. "Professor I-Don't-Know-Her-Name is annoying, and— hi, Y/N." He closed the doors and took of his shoes. He paused, and looked between Scaramouche and her, "Hello Y/N...?" Childe said again.