✿28

These friends keep talkin' way too much~

28th May, 2022.

8:30 a.m.

A woman in an apron named Lee Hyein, was busy in the kitchen, making breakfast for herself and her husband who was all ready to go for work. Changwook worked in a bank as a branch manager. The man came downstairs, putting his coat on the couch and sat at the dining table. He was fixing his watch when the door bell rang. The married couple looked at each other in confusion when the bell rang continuously, making unpleasant noise. The woman in her early fifties hurried to the wooden door, unlocking it and opened it wide. An automatic smile appeared on her face when she saw her son outside the house. "Jeno?"

"Who? Jeno came?", Changwook asked in joy, getting up from his chair.

But Jeno's face didn't show any sign of happiness. He just had a straight face, showing no emotion as he got inside when his mother gestured him to do so. He let out a long sigh, looking around the house, eyes searching for not anything specific. The male turned around to face his parents who were very happy to see him.

"Jeno, you really came? I'm so happy! I made breakfast, come eat with us", his mother offered.

"Eat with us, son. We didn't have a meal together in a while", the older man said with a fatherly smile.

"Sure", he simply replied.

The family of three were now sitting at the dining table, Jeno was infront of his parents as he saw his mother serving him a bowl of rice, along with an egg poach and other Korean side dishes. Oh how lovely it looked! This reminded him of his childhood as he looked to his left and saw a vacant chair where once his sister used to sit. They would often exchange vegetables with each other that they didn't like but the other liked, or how they would fight for the last meat piece and at the end their Dad would eat it to stop the fight so, they could just whine at that time. The twins would always wait for their mother to come out of the kitchen with their favourite dishes and how the two would have a race from their rooms to the dinning room when their Mom would shout from downstairs to come and eat dinner. Those were the happy days when the family was complete and he still remembered each and every moment of those times.

"I'm so glad you came back", Hyein said.

"Yes. Last time when you came, your behavior really hurt us", his Dad stated. "I couldn't ask you earlier but how was your result of university?"

"Oh! I was in the top 10 of my major."

"As expected! We are so proud of you, son."

"So, what are you doing now?"

"I'm a game programmer."

The couple's expression changed into a disappointed one. "What do you mean? We sent you to abroad only for you to become a game programmer? I thought you would be a computer engineer!", the man said a little furiously.