~ The Unexpected Little Healing ~

Anu watched her husband engaged in a playstation battle with Vanraj, Samar and Pakhi. Anu sat near Kavya and Kinjal, they were busy watching some romcom on the projector screen.

Anuj was stealing glances back at his tired wife, and playing with the grown up kids. Anu smiled at him.

She recollected the incidents of the day so far..

It had been such a happy day.. barring seeing Mr. Shah in her new life. No matter what she said about not being bothered. But seeing him eyeing her new haven, had made her uncomfortable. She sighed, no matter what, they would come face to face in future too.
Silently she prayed, "Kanhaji.. Mere Anuj ko aur hamari iss chhotisi, pyaari si duniya ko Mr. Shah ki nazar se bachaaye rakhna.. dhyaan rakhjo haa..!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A rather awkward lunch later, everyone settled in the living room. Bapuji gifted them silver coins and sweet boxes for their first festival.

"Zyada kuch nahi, yeh shagun ke sikke aur mithai. Hamesha khush rehna.. "

Anuj refuted, giving back the coins, "hume sirf aapka pyaar aur ashirwaad chahiye Bapuji.. yeh sab zaroori nahi hain.."

"Shaadi ke baad yeh pehle tyohar hain tumhara..Riwaz toh nibhane padte hain ne.." Baa chimmed in with saccharine sweetness.

"Iss baar rakh lo beta, agli baar kuch nahi dunga siwaay ashirwaad ke.." Anuj smiled a yes and accepted the shagun.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Anu and Anuj seated together, opposite Baa, Bapuji. Pakhi was filling them up about the oh so gorgeous interiors her mummy's home had. Clearly she was smitten by the wealth and grandness of Kapadia Sadan. Anuj took them trio, Baa, Bapuji and Vanraj for the house tour. Pakhi was about to go too, in the hopes to see their bedroom, but Kavya made her stay back.

Vanraj, awkwardly followed them, seeing the Kapadia grandeur.. while his good self appreciated the surroundings, his not so good self didn't like what he saw. Kapadia was just showing off his wealth, V felt.

Anuj was about to take them upstairs when Pakhi dragged Anu forcefully..
"Buddy.. mujhe na mummy ka make-up and wardrobe dekhna hain.. main bhi aau? Yeh mummy manaa kar rahi hain.." she pouted in the hopes of wrapping Anuj around her little finger. Pakhi thought she would ask Anuj so that Anu won't be able to say no to her husband just like before.

"Sweety, maine samjhaya tha na tujhe? Baat samajh ne.." Anu was irritated now.
(one oversmart, irritating girl this!)

Anuj looked at Anu, she nodded a slight no at him, gauzed the situation.
"Uhh, Pakhu.. don't get me wrong bachche, but if your mummy is not comfortable in showing you our room, then I think we must respect her opinion. Would you like it if anyone entered your room without your consent?"

Pakhi nodded a no.

"So there.. Wouldn't you agree that if your consent is needed then so your mom's consent should be adhered to as well?"

Pakhi remembered how she would shout at her mom for always barging in her room without asking.
She nodded a reluctant yes.

"I knew you are a sensible girl. So lets keep the room trip for some other time, hmm?" Anuj smiled. Anu glanced at her Anuuj gratefully.

Before anyone could say anything, Vanraj said it was late and that they should leave. Baa agreed. She was as it is irritated looking at Anupama's 'Mahal'.

Thus, Baa, Bapuji, Kavya and V decided to go back home while the kids would stay for dinner. Anuj insisted they all stay for dinner too.. Shahs were contemplating what to do when Anuj's mobile rang, he excused himself and went to attend the call.